+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My favourite places to stay are the Marriott and the Stamford. Both are on the river, and walking along the river at sunset time is just glorious. If it were me, I'd stay at the Samford, have a luxurious buffet breakfast overlooking the river in the morning, walk through the Botanic Gardens, and then across the Green bridge to Southbank. Wander through Southbank, check out GOMA (art gallery), see a show in the evening if something takes my fancy. You can also catch a CityCat during the day from Southbank and take a ride up and down the river just for some fun and sightseeing.

If you haven't done Brisbane before and had time I might also catch a bus up to the Mt Cootha lookout and plan to have either a meal or a coffee out there and take in the view.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (13-03-2016),MrsSS  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Stay at the Sofitel. It's on top of central station but you don't hear/feel the trains. It's like a blissful other world. They do a full champagne buffet breakfast, there is a lovely pool and a beauty spa on site. I second Jamie's Italian. So freaking good!!!! Plus the art galleries/ museums etc. and yes, QPac often has something wonderful on. Plus the movies at south bank are seriously cheap!
    We have stayed at the sofitel a few times and it was bliss. Their breakfast was devine too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if you are up to it walk when not pregnant I walk everywhere between city/southbank/west end.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Also if you are up to it walk when not pregnant I walk everywhere between city/southbank/west end.
    Oh I definitely want to walk everywhere! I'm not too bad driving in the city but I'd prefer not to.

OMG I'm so excited! I asked mum last night if I could go (lol) and she said it's a great idea.

I'm looking forward to reading, sleeping and not talking to anyone apart from retail and hospitality people for 48 hours haha.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Oh I definitely want to walk everywhere! I'm not too bad driving in the city but I'd prefer not to.

OMG I'm so excited! I asked mum last night if I could go (lol) and she said it's a great idea.

I'm looking forward to reading, sleeping and not talking to anyone apart from retail and hospitality people for 48 hours haha.
    Enjoy. I have to wait til May for that when I head over to Egypt and Dubai despite the fact I need it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few people I know have stayed at Next hotel, which is in Queen Street mall so easy walking to Southbank and shops right at your doorstep.

If you want a really lovely hotel I can recommend the New Inchcolm Hotel which is on the street behind central station. Not as good a location as some of the other suggestions but it is beautiful.

It might be worth thinking about the valley, there are some lovely hotels and you would be very close to James Street and also walking distance to New Farm Park, Powerhouse museum and the Gasworks complex. Lots of shopping and nice places for a drink or meal. There is a pretty big difference to these areas and the nightclubs down the road.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Enjoy. I have to wait til May for that when I head over to Egypt and Dubai despite the fact I need it now
    This isn't until I get my tax return in July/August unfortunately lol. Oh Dubai is on my must visit list, jealous!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    This isn't until I get my tax return in July/August unfortunately lol. Oh Dubai is on my must visit list, jealous!
    Don't feel jealous. Reason why I am going and it's not a good reason. I feel close to cancelling currently but we shall see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow this sounds amazing. I went to brisbane for the first time last yr. It was fabulous walking along the river at night and sitting in a restaurant watching the paddle steamer leave. How about a spa treatment too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want cbd and swanky check out the Sofitel! You can stay club level which gives you daily buffet breakfast and nightly drinks and canapés so you can't eat the right sized food. Plus the train station is right underneath it