+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tokyo Disney

We are thinking of going in September with our dd who will be 4.5 and our ds who will be 12 months. Has anyone been and have any advice or tips? We are thinking of staying for 5 nights at one of the hotels onsite and getting a 2 day Disney pass. Is 2 days enough for kids our ages? I know it would be cheaper staying at a hotel outside of Disney but I figure it will be easier with 2 kids? I'm a bit nervous using the public transport system with 2 kids. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's great! Two days I think is plenty! Public transport is excellent although VERY crowded in peak hours but if you keep the kids close you should be fine. Have fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We are headed over there next year for my sons 10th birthday. Looking for some good tips too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I went for 1 day. I think 2 days would be good with kids in tow. The wait in line for the rides was long. We went early October and there were awesome Halloween themed parades

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would definitely recommend 2 days. There is so much to do and if you stay on site you'll be able to take advantage of the 15 minute early entry to get your fast passes as well as have naps and head back for the night shows.
    If you are only going to go for 2 days I wouldn't stay at the Disney land hotel for 5 nights. It's not in a very good location and so you would really be able to walk anywhere.
    Transport is so easy! Easier than any other city I've been to. Everyone is very helpful with kids and babies and there are elevators at most metro stations. Our favourite areas are Ginza and Shibuya (around Harajuku, omotesando) they are very central and have lots to do in walking distance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LaceyGracie For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaceyGracie View Post
    Would definitely recommend 2 days. There is so much to do and if you stay on site you'll be able to take advantage of the 15 minute early entry to get your fast passes as well as have naps and head back for the night shows.
    If you are only going to go for 2 days I wouldn't stay at the Disney land hotel for 5 nights. It's not in a very good location and so you would really be able to walk anywhere.
    Transport is so easy! Easier than any other city I've been to. Everyone is very helpful with kids and babies and there are elevators at most metro stations. Our favourite areas are Ginza and Shibuya (around Harajuku, omotesando) they are very central and have lots to do in walking distance.
    Thanks! Would a double pram be hard to get in and around the trains? I probably don't need the double cos my 4 year can walk but if she gets tired I think I'll be glad we took it. Just not sure if it's too cumbersome though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for replying! What were your favourite things? And anything you thought wasn't worth wasting time on? I suppose it depends on how old your kids are etc. My dd is crazy for princesses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @dollypops well, every Disney has a night light parade and you'll have to stay for that!! Apart from that I'm sure you'll find tons for your little ones to do and get some really cute photos. Lines can be ridiculously long but you could pay extra for jumping the cue tickets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The double pram would probably be a pain for you but having said that you'll manage. There are lots of people so I always want to take up as little space as possible! Could you take a carrier for the 12 month old just for those times that you need the 4 year old to rest?
    As far as lines as Disneyland go. Definitely send you or your husband in early (as you're staying at a Disneyland hotel) to get the fast passes then just enjoy the shows and rides that have smaller lines. You'll still love it even if you miss out on some rides.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LaceyGracie For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the fast passes and early entry are free!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LaceyGracie For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (14-03-2016)