+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *spin off* How often do you clean the oven?

Ohhhhh I couldn't cook in one that had baked on food and couldn't see through the glass. We moved into our place and the oven had never been cleaned. I tried everything including the toxic stuff that burns your eyeballs and was still disgusting so I didn't use the oven until we got a new kitchen 6mo later.
    I wipe the glass after every use. Whilst hot any splatter comes straight off.
    I blame my mum, she is a clean freak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hate cleaning my oven but having seen a few tenants over the years burn their kitchens down as their ovens caught on fire makes me paranoid so I get it professionally cleaned every year or so and try to wipe it down regularly - ( bi carb and vinegar spray as those commercial oven cleaners always left a chemical smell in the oven!) I don't cook roasts or meat very often in it and I find that's usually what makes it the dirtiest

Thanks
    Reviews
    We built this house and put in a self cleaning oven, it's the bomb! Just soak the racks in the bath in washing powder and wipe clean, turn the oven to pyro and all is good. Do it every now and then when I think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once a month. Our house cleaner comes for a few extra hours on the last week of every month and has a "monthly cleaning list" which includes the oven. I must say though, it's probably a quick job because it's done often enough it doesn't get too grubby and we rarely use our oven.
    Our bbq though- let's not go there. That is DF job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once every 3 months right before an inspection

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A good trick is to put a layer of foil on oven floor and change it regularly.

I don't clean my oven enough as I should. Not nearly enough... 😳 Maybe a few times a year. I always use new foil on the oven trays every time I cook though, and the glass gets a wipe down whenever I'm thoroughly cleaning the kitchen, but actually soaking racks and scrubbing, hateful, hateful chore! It's not even that hard, really, with the great oven cleaning products you can buy, usually soak for a few hours and it wipes clean, it's just a big old yucky job, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont clean my oven...i pay someone once every 2yrs or so to clean it. I absolutely abhor that job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never! 😳

I hardly use the oven as we have a convection microwave thing but I don't think I have ever scrubbed an oven, even when renting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am I the only one that has been motivated by this thread to clean the oven? 🙈

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I never clean mine. dh usually does it when we do it. it's not high on the priority list and most of my oven activity is baking etc that doesn't make it dirty. so I rarely bother.