+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every 6 months I do a proper clean. But I regularly give it a quick wipe out and I keep a tray on the bottom to catch over spill that I just pull out to wash.

When we first moved in here, the oven had so much build up, it was gross! If it was from our own doing, I wouldn't mind so much, but it felt yuck to be cooking in someone else's mess. I spent 2 days soaking & scrubbing (several times) to get it clean, so I'm too stubborn to let that go to waste. Cleaning the oven would have to be one of my most hated chores.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Rarely - it's one of my most despised cleaning jobs!

I gave it a bit of a clean about a month ago because we were having a routine inspection and it surprisingly wasn't too bad!

When vacating a rental it's one of those jobs that I like to pay a professional to do. They have the skills and chemicals to get the job done quickly.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The oven? You mean I have to clean that?? 😳

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-03-2016),bluehawaii  (13-03-2016),Mad84  (13-03-2016),MsViking  (15-03-2016),Stretched  (13-03-2016),TheGooch  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me - never!
    Dh has once a year maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you do want to clean your oven, our glass was just like yours and I coated it in a bicarb/water paste and left it overnight. I used a scourer to gently scrub it and everything lifted off really easy. I used the same paste for the walls and base of the oven and that only needed a quick wipe with a cloth.
    I laid a towel down in the bath and put the racks on top, then put heaps of washing powder and dish liquid, then covered in hot water and left overnight, then scrubbed them with a toothbrush. That had to be done twice 😑

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    About...approximately...never.

But when we moved out of our last place we got it professionally cleaned. If its really bad I recommend getting a professional to do it - it came out really nicely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm before vacating a rental I will clean the oven!

Although that has changed now- about a year ago the landlord bought a new oven, so now I have to clean it or they'll know it was me! I haven't given it a proper clean yet though, but I do keep a tray down the bottom, I try to keep messy food covered and not let things overflow, and I do clean the door on a somewhat regular basis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I HATE this job, so much so that I've looked in to getting professionals to do it.

We're in a rental so I have to keep on top of it but the oven we have is a cheapy and not only is it a crappy job but the whole element sits open on the bottom of the oven. I'm nervous of using cleaning product and water in there so I put the job off and off until it gets to become a health and safety issue.

Just a little tip - last week I took the blackened metal shelves out and soaked them for a day in washing powder. Worked a treat!
    Now they're sparkling.
    I will do the same with the greasy oven when I have the time but I'm always baking something or other. That's just an excuse really isn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave a tray on the bottom of the oven. ..to catch the crap. .. helps to keep it clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never clean my oven. Its one job I absolutely detest so I pay someone to come and clean it every 6 months 😆