+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are in WA Ngala run a workshop for parents in your situation (older sibling adjusting to a newborn in the family)
    They also have a helpline you could ring for advice
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just an update DS1 is improving already. I know we're not out of the woods yet but he is really trying to be good and we're probably relaxing a little/trusting him more around the baby. Most people that have visited have bought gifts for him too so that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son was 4yrs 9months when our second arrived, but thankfully we had no bad behavior from him at all. I spent a lot of time with baby and dh spent most of his leave from work with ds. Dh coslept with ds at night while I was with baby. We also praised him all the time for being gentle, being a lovely brother etc. And gave him choices as much as possible (what we were having for dinner, which beach we would go to, what activity we were going to do etc.). Not sure if any of that helped, or it was just his personality tbh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was 4y7m when my DD was born. Before she was born I naively assumed he would just leave her alone. Instead he became really naughty and would not leave her alone at all! He was constantly hassling her (like getting in her face, making loud noises that she didn't like, just irritating little things like that). I was at my wits end as well. That was over 4 years ago now so from memory I think it just gradually improved over time. It was a difficult time though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (15-03-2016)