+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy bladder prolapse HELP

I am 2 weeks postpartum with 2nd child (1st baby long traumatic natural, 2nd planned C-section)

From what i can see in the mirror I am having a stage 1 prolapse of the bladder. Since the birth I dont really feel the urge to pee but I go when I remember and usually there is a lot of pee that comes out.

I have booked into the dr asap to see where to go from there.

Please share your bladder prolapse experience with me. Did you go to gynecologist? or a physio? were you able to suck the bladder back in somehow?

I feel very in the dark here.

My first birth left me with a 4th* tear and ongoing problems with my bum and now this. I'm trying not to get upset and just face this and get help asap.

any insights and positive stories would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default bladder prolapse HELP

Hi. You can either go to a private physio that's deals with this or public. I birthed public went public.
    I had a 3c tear and bad pelvic floor post birth. Mine wasn't considered a prolapse but still feel the lump and did my exercises for the heavy feeling.
    The heaviness went at 7 mths post Bub. I also had the heaviness every time I had ewcm while my body tried to ovulate several times a cycle while still breast feeding. Once I cut bf right down , that stopped too at 12 mths.
    But my bladder lump that can be felt 1 cm in, has remained in the same spot.
    That's not to say yours won't move back up to within limits though.
    I've heard others talk of pessaries and surgery . I won't do those unless it gets worse.
    I haven't been able to use tampons since.
    There might be some others here that can help more than me.
    Last edited by Kazza78; 12-03-2016 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 c sections and have prolapse. The way I was 2 weeks postpartum was hugely different to 6 months and beyond, but it was still clearly an issue as time went on (I'd sneeze, cough, lift when I needed to go and, no matter what I did to stop it... I'd need to change!).

i went to a women's physio. The sessions were intimate (she'd 'examine' me at length while I practised pelvic floor exercises), and they took some getting used to, but it's a lot better now. Before you think medication, surgery etc, I really found this to be a huge help.

Hang in there - having a misbehaving bladder and a tiny infant is challenging, but hopefully will get better as you get further from the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ended up with prolapse after my 3rd child (VB). I was referred to the Womens Health physio at the hospital..made the world of difference. My pelvic floor "ain't what it used to be" but the prolapse is resolved and I have no bladder issues (although I suspect it may become a problem in old age )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a first degree bladder prolapse. Ive had sling surgery.
    my experience is here.
    Feel free to pm me any questions
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...eriences/page2

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bladder prolapse HELP

Last edited by Mmumm; 22-06-2016 at 21:03.