+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I do t have back/neck pain but I do have pelvis pain. GP said its hormonal and refused to let me have anything but Panadol.

I went to two different chemists and both refused to give me anything stronger. I literally cried both times.
    Wow that's really horrible. Was your blood pressure ok? Please tell me the gp checked it. Who is managing your obstetric care? I do think you need a better medical examination so if you're under midwife care see them as soon as you can this week or ob if you have one just in case. But otherwise id you don't look obviously pregnant just go back to chemist and ask for panadeine for a headache or if you are obviously pregnant ask someone to get them for you.
    In any case uncontrolled unmanaged unexplained is not ok. You need someone to do appropriate investigations to tell you what's going on and then you can manage it (medication, physio, pelvic belts etc). Good luck you poor thing. I've been dealing with pain a very long time it's no fun at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do t have back/neck pain but I do have pelvis pain. GP said its hormonal and refused to let me have anything but Panadol.

I went to two different chemists and both refused to give me anything stronger. I literally cried both times.
    You poor thing. I hope you're feeling better soon. 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    They didn't even check my blood pressure. I haven't had my first midwife appointment yet. It's not til the 22nd. I just look fat, not pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They didn't even check my blood pressure. I haven't had my first midwife appointment yet. It's not til the 22nd. I just look fat, not pregnant.
    Oh my goodness. I know preeclampsia *usually* presents later but it can present very early and seriously what kind of health professional gets a 2nd trimester patient with headache unrelieved by paracetamol and DOESN'T check blood pressure? Grrrrrr
    I have a bee in my bonnet as I developed preeclampsia at 31 weeks first symptom was swelling at 29 weeks then high blood pressure and proteinuria by 31.
    I don't want to alarm you so I'm sorry if I have worried you. You know your own body. If you're still having headaches unrelieved with paracetamol then I would definitely get checked again and first thing I would ask is please check my BP. Manually with a cuff and sphygmomanometer not an electric machine.
    Sorry @Mamasupial.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-03-2016),Mamasupial  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps if you're worried about your BP but can't get in to see a Dr, a lot of pharmacies have BP machines so you could have it checked there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Ps if you're worried about your BP but can't get in to see a Dr, a lot of pharmacies have BP machines so you could have it checked there.
    This! I hope you've got into your dr and got things sorted. If not, find a pharmacy with a pharmacist who isn't busy. Explain the ongoing headache, pregnancy etc. they will tell you to see a dr but should also check your bp, and be able to provide you with panadeine (10 or 15mg codeine) to help in the mean time. I'm really hoping you got into your dr, as previous people have said, ongoing headache can be serious. It may not be, but needs checking out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm thinking of skipping work tomorrow to get it sorted again. I don't have any other symptoms of PE and I didn't have it with #1. I've lost 22kgs since having DD too. I don't think it's PE (I'm only 17 weeks) but I can't deal with this headache much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea @Mamasupial, better safe then sorry. Plus GP can give you stronger pain meds! Hope it is just a pregnancy side effect. Keep us updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I did see s GP but they blew me off. But better tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr how frustrating. Was your bp ok? Glad you feel a bit better.