+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I'm impressed. Maybe it's because I leave it too long between cleans. How often are you doing this?
    Once a a week. I hate bathrooms but if I do them while I'm showering it seems to take less time. The steam helps or something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

CMF  (13-03-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm another who's a bit confused as to how long it takes some people to clean certain things. My bathroom is done in under 15 minutes, easily. If I hustle under 10. Yes, it's a small bathroom but still...
    And someone earlier said that it would take them an hour to wipe down benches how many benches do you have?!

My cleaner does the whole house in 2 hours and if I did it myself in one go it'd be about the same. Again, small house but still...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-03-2016),TimeForWine  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Once a a week. I hate bathrooms but if I do them while I'm showering it seems to take less time. The steam helps or something.
    This. I do the shower while I shower. And you can get spray that you can do after shower and it helps a bit too.

I tend to squirt the toilet bowl, spray the toilet and wipe it down. Wipe the bath, tiles, then mirror and putside shower. Vanity and then scrub and flush. Then I just mop. It takes 15 mins or so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found when i was on mat leave, and at home more often, i could clean or tidy up all day. Well, i could fill the whole day doing that. When i an working or out of the house, it simply isnt my focus. Dh and i do a bit each night, plus a flurry of activity on the weekend mornings to set us up for the coming week. We have a cleaner once a fortnight who does the beds. Cleaning isnt my focus and we keep to a tight time frame with it so it doesn't encroach on the limited family time we have.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lazy, no way could I spend 2 hours on bathrooms. I spray mine down almost every morning after I'm finished, literally takes less than 5 mins to spray the sink, spray the bath and swish and every 2-3 days throw bleach in toilet and wipe down. At least then it all smells clean. Then once a week 20-30 mins to do a better clean of fixtures, shower, mop etc. maybe not even that long. I hate it taking forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's already generally tidy it will only take about half an hour, plus time to hang out washing..
    If I'm thoroughly cleaning, sorting etc it could take all day.
    My house gets messy quickly having 4 kids home most of the day. When they go out once a week I use that time to clean/tidy.
    I don't start cleaning the moment I wake up. I'm up usually 9/10am and start getting into the housework around 1pm. The kids help out when they feel like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    A lot. Wednesday is my big cleaning day as it's the only day I am home with just one child (my 18 month old). Monday and Friday I have my 4yo and 3yo home as well, Saturday and Sunday is my 6yo too. Tuesday and Thursday I am out all day running canteen at the school. I will be cleaning all of Wednesday. Usually get two rooms done top to bottom, so I switch up which two each week.

Every day stuff, I am doing 2 loads of washing a day, usually vacuum the living area at least twice, wipe down kitchen and bathroom.
    Moving the kids beds (too small to climb under) is done every second day (4yo has special needs and hides bad fruit everywhere). General tidying usually takes about 1-2 hours every night. I don't do dishes often due to a medical condition with my arms/hands so try to get hubby to do that but I really need a dishwasher.

ETA: on the Fri through to Mon when most/all the kids are home, I spend a good few hours tidying during the day. But I can't leave them unsupervised for too long to go do a major clean otherwise the room they are in will fall apart and take me a lot longer to clean again
    Ok please tell me how you clean with an 18 month year old in tow?? It's just me and 21mth old mon-fri 9-3. I get nothing done, more likely to get stuff done when older kids are there too! Some mornings just tidying up after breakfast takes ages as she'll want boobie, then wants me to play with her... Sneaks downstairs or into older kids bedrooms / bathrooms. She does play independently but not for long spurts and only when it suits her! If I try and tidy away toys to vacuum she is behind me pulling them out again... Sorting out paperwork she helps by drawing on them or spreading them into floor mixing up my sorted pile... She is that toddler in the YouTube video why mothers get nothing done LOL 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Ok please tell me how you clean with an 18 month year old in tow?? It's just me and 21mth old mon-fri 9-3. I get nothing done, more likely to get stuff done when older kids are there too! Some mornings just tidying up after breakfast takes ages as she'll want boobie, then wants me to play with her... Sneaks downstairs or into older kids bedrooms / bathrooms. She does play independently but not for long spurts and only when it suits her! If I try and tidy away toys to vacuum she is behind me pulling them out again... Sorting out paperwork she helps by drawing on them or spreading them into floor mixing up my sorted pile... She is that toddler in the YouTube video why mothers get nothing done LOL 😀
    It's much easier for me with just him home. My older ones, especially the 3 and 4 yos, are the messy ones. I have seen them literally pour an entire box of rice bubbles on the living room floor just as I put the vacuum away haha. And it's a little bit of, if I don't clean when I have him around, it'll never get done. I try to keep him in the toy room, which is a sunroom off our kitchen. Or I just try to entertain him in the room with me doing what I am doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will she help you clean? Give her a dust rag and show her how to dust?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried to use a play pen? Or get her to help you? Or set her up with activities and let her play?