+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would so much love to know how PP's are whipping around for an hour or so to do vacuuming, mopping, kitchen and bathroom!!??
    It probably takes me an hour just do to my bathroom, I say probably, because my bathroom is my most hated room to clean, so I have to do it in short bursts of motivation across a whole day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It never, ever ends and I have no routine or set says to do things, I just do it when it needs doing which is probably like me trying to catch my tail. Hate housework, passionately! I'm never not tidying up.
    This is me too! I think my housework always seems so hard because I leave it so long and it gets out of control. I try my best to keep it clean, I really do. It was actually one of my new years resolutions to keep up a bit better with housework. So far it's been better, but still not great. I hate housework so so much, I find it literally nearly impossible to get the motivation to do it.

So OP to answer your question? It's never ending here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Housework is never ending here too but then again I only do the bare minimum. This morning I already did 4 loads of washing so approx 15min each means 1h. Tomorrow I will have to do another 2 and that's not even doing the bed sheets. Bed sheets prob only get changed every 2-3 weeks and would add another 2 loads!
    Then to pack away washing would take another half hour.
    Dh vacuums, that's about 30min bc he also vacuums the blinds. I mop and that's another half hour.
    Tidying up is few times a day approx 1h total a week.
    Then dishes another 30min
    I don't always wipe down surfaces but that would add another hour.
    Bathroom another half hour.
    So all up i think that's around 4 h a week.
    But I think one of the problems is bc I have too much stuff! If I had less, it would be easier to keep things tidy and clean. Must start decluttering and stop accumulating more things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 bathrooms and to clean them properly it takes me over an hour at least. The bathrooms are my biggest hate.
    Vacuming is about 30 min
    Mopping another 30min
    Kitchen another 30min
    Then general stuff another hour
    But really there is no point because it's a mess 2 hours later.
    During the week I just do the bare min just kitchen and picking stuff up/ putting it away, way to tired to care.
    On Saturday morning my house looks like a bomb hit it and it takes half a day to clean it.
    Don't get me started on laundry...
    Its past 11am and I'm sitting here in my pjs drinking my second cup of coffee looking at the mess while DS creates more mess with Lego.
    I may put the dishwasher on at some point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    If I cleaned all in one go and it was tidy beforehand...2 hours, 2.5 hours if I was giving it a super amazing clean.
    I have always been put off by large homes because all I can think is 'this will take forever to clean.' I think my attitude has come from my mum (hates the idea of cleaning a big house), and the people I know who have lived in big houses who ended up selling them because they hated spending so much time cleaning.
    We need to downsize!! Took me 3 hours this morning to finish sorting out some clothes and tidy vacuum lounge and not even mop!!! It's so demoralising to spend so long doing this and it doesn't even look tidy as still toys on top of things and can hear dd2 pulling them down and the rest of the house is still so messy!!
    Made a decision though to start packing toys and books and other clutter into boxes and put them in our waste of space spare room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I have 2 bathrooms and to clean them properly it takes me over an hour at least. The bathrooms are my biggest hate.
    Vacuming is about 30 min
    Mopping another 30min
    Kitchen another 30min
    Then general stuff another hour
    But really there is no point because it's a mess 2 hours later.
    During the week I just do the bare min just kitchen and picking stuff up/ putting it away, way to tired to care.
    On Saturday morning my house looks like a bomb hit it and it takes half a day to clean it.
    Don't get me started on laundry...
    Its past 11am and I'm sitting here in my pjs drinking my second cup of coffee looking at the mess while DS creates more mess with Lego.
    I may put the dishwasher on at some point.
    He he 12 now and I'm still in my pjs! Had few hours to clean this morning while kids at swimming but then dp went to shops so not even showered...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How long does housework take you?

How big are these bathrooms that take an hour to clean??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    How big are these bathrooms that take an hour to clean??
    Just normal bathrooms. Scrubbing down 2 showers, a bath, 2 vanities, 2 toilets, mopping, cleaning mirrors. But then I'm crap at cleaning bathrooms so maybe that's why it takes so long. I can never get the shower to look good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate cleaning, but I just can't imagine bathrooms taking this long. Even when on my hands and knees scrubbing the floors.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A big clean with vacuum and mopping and bathrooms and a ****ty kitchen job like the oven, 2 hours.

A regular day which a quick vacuum (we have a moulting rabbit) and 1 load of washing maybe 30 minutes?

I squirt some gel bleach into the loo and sink in the morning and next time I go to the toilet and flush it's pretty much clean, and I rinse the sink. I clean the shower when I'm in it.

With a toddler tornado my game is more tidying his crap than cleaning, my house is usually clean at all times, sometimes messy though. Lately being almost 10w pregnant and freaking exhausted constantly, my house looks like a bomb went off in it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long does housework take you?

A lot. Wednesday is my big cleaning day as it's the only day I am home with just one child (my 18 month old). Monday and Friday I have my 4yo and 3yo home as well, Saturday and Sunday is my 6yo too. Tuesday and Thursday I am out all day running canteen at the school. I will be cleaning all of Wednesday. Usually get two rooms done top to bottom, so I switch up which two each week.

Every day stuff, I am doing 2 loads of washing a day, usually vacuum the living area at least twice, wipe down kitchen and bathroom.
    Moving the kids beds (too small to climb under) is done every second day (4yo has special needs and hides bad fruit everywhere). General tidying usually takes about 1-2 hours every night. I don't do dishes often due to a medical condition with my arms/hands so try to get hubby to do that but I really need a dishwasher.

ETA: on the Fri through to Mon when most/all the kids are home, I spend a good few hours tidying during the day. But I can't leave them unsupervised for too long to go do a major clean otherwise the room they are in will fall apart and take me a lot longer to clean again
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 12-03-2016 at 17:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast