+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a SAHM with a 1, 3 & 5 yo. I do the bare minimum these days. I clean as I go,so clean the kitchen,sweep up the crumbs etc after each meal. I clean the bathrooms while kids are having a bath or shower. I tidy/ pack up toys at least at the end of the day, & if we are home I pack them up probably 2-3x a day. Washing I am ALWAYS behind! We are out most days, so I try to have a home day once a week so I can catch up on it. It just happens when it happens. I used to find the vaccuming/mopping etc really hard to get done with 3 kids underfoot, now I've roped DH into helping & one of us will look after the kids on the weekend for about an hour (outside play or loooong
    bath)while the other vacuums, mops, etc. Beds I usually try to do on my 'home' day once a week. I seriously do the bare minimum! Then every now & then i will cull toys, clean out wardrobes, etc. I love having a clean house & used to be so so clean. Now I think life is too short to spend all day cleaning! My house is ok. As long as its not too cluttered,I can deal with it

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-03-2016),Albert01  (12-03-2016),MrsSS  (11-03-2016),SuperGranny  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only work part time from home and I don't have kids yet, so I'm blessed to be able to clean my house in peace.

Things that get done every day: 1 load of laundry, dishes done, bins emptied, vaccuum entire house, make bed, general tidy of lounge room, clean bathroom, attend to pets, groceries, cooking and pay bills.

Things I never get around to and get DH to look after: Outside work, cleaning shower, cleaning windows.

Most of my housework is done by 12pm. I start at 8am when DH leaves for work. Our house is always pretty tidy and that's the way I like it. If the IVF ever works and we are lucky enough to have a baby I have big adjustments to take on board!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by emmiejayne View Post
    I do the bathroom, dust, vacuum, mop, the mirrored robes and the kitchen every morning... usually all done by 830am and only takes about half an hour
    Half an hour!? How!? Tips please. That would take me almost 2 hours to do all of that.

Are your kids pretty good at keeping eachother entertained?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (11-03-2016),SoThisIsLove  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I cleaned all in one go and it was tidy beforehand...2 hours, 2.5 hours if I was giving it a super amazing clean.
    I have always been put off by large homes because all I can think is 'this will take forever to clean.' I think my attitude has come from my mum (hates the idea of cleaning a big house), and the people I know who have lived in big houses who ended up selling them because they hated spending so much time cleaning.
    Last edited by Full House; 11-03-2016 at 20:30.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My house is only 8 months old, so doesn't require the really big jobs to be done yet, thankfully. I've got my 3yo and 1 yo home with me and we try to get out most days, I usually have two days home in the week where I do washing, sheets, towels, etc.
    But I spot vacuum throughout the day, I wipe the kitchen down, pick up toys and do the dishwasher at night, unload it while kids have breaky. On home days I'll put a dvd on and get the bathrooms done. We have a Dyson stick vacuum which is my life saver. I only mop every 5 weeks , when hubby is home on RNR, the floors are actually clean as I wipe any spills immediately.

Washing is my nemesis, I always have a load either on the line, or in the basket waiting to be folded. I also LOVE my slow cooker. One less thing to worry about in the evenings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it never ends :/ my kids are destructive

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it ever ends tbh. Stuff like vacuuming/mopping/dusting is mostly once a week stuff. I do have a little stick vacuum and a spray mop I use for s mid week clean. It takes 30 mins to an hour for this. Otherwise, I am normally just always picking something up, cleaning up something in the kitchen, bathroom etc etc.
    Last edited by twinklify; 11-03-2016 at 21:42.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I do a big clean on a Saturday morning after work. Usually takes about 2 hours pending on if I don't the washing on the Friday. That's everything apart from mopping the floors which mum will do on a Sunday for me while I sleep after work.

During the week, we don't have much mess as kiddo isn't home half the week and I spend most of the time I am home in my room trying to sleep.

Kiddo is almost 9 years old which also helps too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It never, ever ends and I have no routine or set says to do things, I just do it when it needs doing which is probably like me trying to catch my tail. Hate housework, passionately! I'm never not tidying up.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-03-2016),Jontu  (12-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (12-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It never, ever ends and I have no routine or set says to do things, I just do it when it needs doing which is probably like me trying to catch my tail. Hate housework, passionately! I'm never not tidying up.
    This is my life in one paragraph 😂

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

babyla  (12-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (12-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (12-03-2016)