+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I have a big house and hate cleaning, so we have a cleaner who comes fortnightly to do a deep clean of bathrooms, dust and floors.

But I do the kitchen/dishes daily, sweep the floor every 2nd day, at least one load of washing a day and a tidy up/clean where needed. So maybe 1.5 hours a day, but would be more on days I fold washing and change the sheets.

Now that the kids are older (6 and 4) I find there is less mess. And I culled a lot of toys at Christmas, so less clutter from them spreading stuff all over! They are also responsible for picking up anything on the floor each night and putting it away.

Don't be put off getting a cleaner because you feel you need to clean before they come. A good cleaner can help you get your house sorted and make your life easier.
    Daily I do laundry/ dishes / kitchen sweep and until this crazy heat usually lounge tidy and quick vacuum. What's not getting done is vacuuming and dusting kids bedrooms as they're too messy, bathrooms - upstairs gets baby wiped every few days or less it's feral, downstairs bath has NEVER been used once in 4 years! It's full of dust and hairs. Dp uses shower never cleans it. Spare room not had a guest in more than a year just gathers dust. Office is now lego room no way could actually clean. Rumpus I vacuum tiles every 2 weeks or so never clean. Same with tv nook downstairs. We've too much house but not much storage and time poor. If I have any spare time I prefer to bake so we're not eating junk!
    Not even mentioned outside that's whole other full time job...
    I should try and find a decent cleaner who will help with the tidying up part. Maybe when dp sees me spending $$$ on a cleaner he will consider talking about moving!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good cleaners are fantastic, def look into it, can be a huge help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I literally have NO idea exactly. I just do what needs to be done in between the cooking and laundry. A full vacuum and mop of the whole house probably takes about 45 minutes to an hour (not including time spent tidying before hand). But then there's random dusting, toilet cleaning as needed, bathroom clean as needed. I've never done it all at once so I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm home FT atm with a 5mth old, 3.5&5.5yo. Daily housework of washing/hanging up/bringing in/cooking dinner/dishes/general tidy up/packing lunches/mopping takes about 2-3hrs. Then I clean one room per day per week which is maybe another 30min per day. Generally do it with at least two kids in tow.

My house isn't display house material but it's clean, tidy and ready for guests at all times.

ETA - we have a 4X2
    Wow! My 21 month old sabotages anything I do with her around! I manage laundry as converted previous owners bar into folding spot! Otherwise she 'helps' by throwing stuff around etc.
    our house is never ready for guests I'm literally too embarrassed to invite anyone over and never have time to get on top of things. Is one of my issues with the stupidity of us buying wrong house pointless waste of space. I was much happier in our old 3 bed villa

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time with a 5 yr old in prep. Housework sucks. If anyone wants to visit i tell them don't judge me lol
    We live in a 3 bed 2 bath townhouse. Carting our enormous heavy vacuum up and down the stairs is just the pits. I try to stay on top of it but With a crafty 5 year old we have lots of paper mess all the time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Wow! My 21 month old sabotages anything I do with her around! I manage laundry as converted previous owners bar into folding spot! Otherwise she 'helps' by throwing stuff around etc.
    our house is never ready for guests I'm literally too embarrassed to invite anyone over and never have time to get on top of things. Is one of my issues with the stupidity of us buying wrong house pointless waste of space. I was much happier in our old 3 bed villa
    I've gotten into a good swing of housework. Dh is helpful and always does what is asked.

Laundry gets washed overnight and hung up first thing in the morning. Dh always gives kids breakfast and unloads dishwasher. I prep dinner (either slow-cooker) or cut everything/marinate etc in the morning. Then do breakfast dishes, start loading dishwasher again. At this time the big one is getting ready for school, miss 3.5yo is playing with miss 5mth old. Then I quickly tidy up breakfast area.

Them we leave the house for school drop off then gym/playgroup etc. then home for lunches and naps. Whilst kids sleeping I fix rice/pasta or whatever sides for dinner. Then nap if I'm exhausted or clean one room. Then it's school pick up. Home for afternoon tea, homework, I pack the next days lunches, bake something if needed, dish up dinner, bring laundry in. Kids help me fold/put away laundry, then we have dinner, clean up together. Then it's bath time. I use this time to clean the bathroom as needed. Then they go to bed.

If I've napped during the day I clean one room of the house after kids go to bed. If I haven't napped I do the bare essentials then plonk on the couch by 8pm the latest.

Dh is responsible for cleaning the showers and toilets. And anything else I don't get done during the day.

You need to find you own groove and works for your family. My kids are pretty good at helping productively. They have always helped put away their stuff so it's not too hard for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I should mention we are going through especially bad time with toddler into everything, she's also giving up naps (car only) and doesn't go to sleep until 9!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I should mention we are going through especially bad time with toddler into everything, she's also giving up naps (car only) and doesn't go to sleep until 9!!
    This makes it pretty hard, I sympathise. My almost 3 year old doesn't go to sleep before 9.30 and he's a tornado during the day so it's not unheard of for me to be cleaning bathrooms at 11pm. I can't do it currently because i'm pregnant and meant to be resting for high Bp, so makes more antsy I can't get done what I want with the house. Sometimes though, you just have to let it go...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You need to cut yourself a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found I was drowning in housework/maintenance jobs when I had a newborn and a toddler, now they're 3 and 2 I am on top of things but I need to stay on my schedule or I have to spend a day catching up.
    I usually do 1 hour in the morning before activities or outings then 2 hours in the afternoon and half a day on weekends doing a deep job on one area, I have a list of yearly and monthly jobs too so that might take an afternoon out of a weekday.
    Somehow tho the Windows never seem to be on the list 😜