+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MC: how long after stopping progesterone?

I stopped progesterone yesterday at 7w1d, I experienced a mc before but had to have a d&c, dr said I can have a natural one this time.
    How long until I start bleeding and when can I expect a "normal" period?
    Sorry if I bring bad and sad memories, but I'm lost and can't wait for this to end.
    Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I honestly think everyone is different hun back in Oct I had an IVF cycle that ended in an non viable pregnancy. My hcg levels were rising but not sufficiently. I stopped the progesterone but no bleeding occured. After several scans with my fs he was concerned i was having an ectopic pregnancy. Fortunately at around 8 weeks a sac was found in my uterus but it was a blighted ovum (empty). He allowed me to continue and have a natural miscarriage if all continued without issue, unfortunately this took a while and I carried the sac until 11 weeks when I had a m/c. This probably isn't the story you want to hear but I want to reassure you everyone is different. It depends on how long it takes your body to identify what is happening, some women lose the pregnancy a week or so aftee stopping the progesterone. Thoughts are with you hun, hope it resolves quickly its a very difficult journey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Heyside. I'll have to wait and pray this finish as quick as possible.

Similar Threads

1. Stopping and restarting breastfeeding
    By ScubaGal in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 12:27
  2. Stopping sugar was the answer!
    By Violet85 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2015, 14:39
  3. Stopping at one child
    By MummaJugs3 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 18