+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks NAt256! It seems that I cannot make a trip to the Centrelink office today and might have to try tomorrow, or worst exactly on the last day I need to submit the docs which is the 21st March (gulp!).

I am snowed under my freelance project at the moment which i really need to rush and get it done by today and I have a couple of job interviews tomorrow (not related to Centerlink/jobseeker thing, just a casual role I can do outside freelance). I really should work smarter, not harder... because it sucks that knowing you are always so busy but earn so little (but out of all my working experience, i feel that my current job now is so rewarding mentally and emotionally... but sadly not financially).

I hope centrelink people can be straightforward on Monday if I only needed that stat dec since Monday is my deadline to submit everything (ouch). I am planning to finalise all other forms online then only pop into the centrelink office to ask that stat decs and prove my ID. I haven't done centrelink claims for a while and last time we did FTB claims (cant remember a or b? ) was about 5 years ago and DH did everything for me.. throughout all the claims process he happened to meet great (& lovely!) centrelink staff (both in the office and thru call centre). I've not had such luck yet to this day dealing with a nice centrelink staff. That reminds me 15 years ago when I claimed for Youth Allowance where I met a centrelink worker who just completely ignored my case (which then I decided to go for a real job, rather than coming back n forth to centrelink!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping up this thread because i think it's not necessary to start another one . So I've been approved of parenting payment (yay!) and in mygov account it says the payment date would be today but i've checked in my bank account that the payment isn't there yet. I have not received any letters from Centrelink yet in regards the start of my payment (not even mail out letters or emails, etc), not until I logged into mygov last night i found out that they already have details of my current payment and next payment... and I was pretty much in disbelief I thought i was reading it wrong (since I've seen no letters/announcements beforehand). Now i checked again the mygov website still says all of the payment details, but i have not seen the money yet in my account. A bit nervous now whether I'm actually gonna get the parenting payment or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bunnymum,

You need to contact Centrelink ASAP. I think the number is 131250 but please confirm that!

The reason why I say ASAP is because my DS was born 8 weeks ago today and I applied for all my benefits in November however nothing was activated until I sent proof of birth.

Once the proof of birth was submitted, it would be up to three weeks until it was reviewed and my payments would commence. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received a text saying I had a new letter on file, the letter stated every payment I was going to receive for the next 4 months and the money was in my account the same day that they issued the letter.

Each payment is in my account on the day they have indicated in the letter, before I'm even out of bed.

What I'm trying to say is, as far as I am aware, if you have the letter stating the dates, then the money should be in your account the morning of that date, and if it's not, call now because it could take another three weeks to rectify any issues.

Be patient, you might be on hold for a while.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep should be there after midnight today if today is your date so definitely chase it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. i bank with st george bank and yes i've Just received an email from centrelink confirming the start of my payment about an hour ago and the payment date itself. Ive randomly googled about centrelink payment and found that some people said with st george bank it might actually arrive sometime on wednesday afternoon. I'll keep an eye of this and if i dont see anything in my bank account by tonight then i'll chase it up immediately.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnymum For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I stuffed up my parenting payment claims online application. Help!

Hmm its 2.40pm and the payment isnt in yet 😞. Ok i'll wait till tomorrow morning.

Edited to add: the centrelink letter clearly says the date my payment is due (breakdown of payments im entitled to) and when the next payment is due. I have a note at the bottom though that i still need to proof partner's identity documents (if not provided it will be stopped bla bla bla) but does not say whether the payment is on hold because of that and not mentioning anything on hold etc. i could assume that it might be on hold, but it just does not say its on hold. Only the last bit that warns me to provide partners identity docs before certain date.
    Last edited by bunnymum; 06-04-2016 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I stuffed up my parenting payment claims online application. Help!

Edited to add: ohhh it's here!! I got the payment in my account! Yay. So it took a day and a half to finally arrive in my acc. Sorry for the hassled. Everything's solved now.

Ok guys, my payment has not gone thru yet 😕. I was supposed to get paid on 6/4. Ive been stalking my account since yesterday morning and it wasnt there the whole day yesterday. Checked today 7/4 and is still not here as i am typing.

Ive recived ccb and ftb a few years ago and sent into the exact same account and never had problems, though ive never checked the time and dates they put thru the payment. I think its not the bank this time it might be centrelink. Although im so sure the letter has mentioned the payment date and mygov has also said 'last payment' was 6 april.

Will give them a call tomorrow morning i guess or pop straight into the local centrelink. Cannot call during the evening when DS is at home and as loud as a hurricane. And also i'll be out all day today for job interviews (yes i prefer salary, but i need a months help from this parenting payment first to cover basic expenses!)
    Last edited by bunnymum; 07-04-2016 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bunnymum,

Have you called Centrelink because hoping and praying it turns up is not going to make it happen!

You mentioned in a previous post that it says "last payment April 6", so the payment should have cleared to my understanding.

I would really get into it!

Let us know how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent, maybe the wishing and hoping did work, lol!

I'm glad it's finally there, I'm sure that it feels like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, it's me again . Sorry to only come here whenever there's bad news .

There's been a confusion in re my parenting payment that the centrelink office worker got puzzled why it was granted and I was still missing a few important details which need to be sighted. So the centrelink lady put my payment on hold today because she didn't want me to risk an overpayment, and I still needed to produce more documents and details and she did opt for suspending it instead because she didn't want the system to automatically cancel it if it heard nothing from me, or if i required more time to get all other details ready.

So during four weeks I've been on parenting payment, I've been instructed to provide my partner's IDs, which I did bring to the centrelink office minus the person himself because DH is overseas because he decides to stay there for a long period to manage his family business (self employment). I did explain that to them and they were able to work a few things around so that my payment could be continued only for a certain period of time, which I don't mind at all. When I came in today, I was still lacking of one document of DH proof of identity and was told to come in next time. Just now I've managed to get the missing document and will be able to come in next week.

But another obstacles I'm facing now is that I'm also still missing DH's income details which I don't have them here. The Centrelink lady told me that proof of income for self employment is usually proof of tax they pay to the govt, etc.

To be honest I have nothing much to do with DH's family business as I am never interested to get involved. I rang DH earlier and he said most of his self employment income are not properly recorded and he said the most important thing is that his self employed business has not reached a break even yet, and how would you call that an income, he said to me. He annoyingly said to me: "once I sold some goods I got cash then I needed to spend it again on other expenses, etc, and even most of the time it's even minus." In the end he told me to relodge the claim and this time just say that we're separated (as I'm in Australia and he's overseas with no quick plan to be reunited) and I should be able to claim for separation circumstances payment. But am I allowed to do that as we're still legally married?

In short DH thinks he wouldn't be able to help me because: 1) his self employment business has no formal income records, 2) the tax they pay is like fixed rates, he told me he has tax receipts from the tax he pays monthly for around $10 bucks, 3) he has no definite income.

So I'm a bit puzzled, scared, and nervous that I won't be able to continue my parenting payment or apply for any other eligible payment because:
    1) i'm a 'single' mother here, DH has been unable to provide income support for both DS and I since he started his business (which he poured most of his savings on it). He really wanted to give it a go because it's been a long dream of his.
    2) I'm still on low income due to my freelance jobs, and have been unable to land a full time job in the past three months. I have been job hunting since end of January and believe it or not, I've had quite a few rejections despite people saying my resume is impressive (I'm a uni graduate!). So in short I'm a job seeker!
    3) I have to pay rent
    4) I have one child

So help me! I might need to come in to a centrelink office again on Tuesday saying I have troubles declaring DH's income which I'm not sure whether that would make me entitle to any payments at all. So I'm torn between decisions here, physically I'm a single mother who cares and provides for a child, but legally I'm partnered. So I was trying to do the right thing when claiming for the payments according to my right obligations.
    Last edited by bunnymum; 22-04-2016 at 15:08.