+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I stuffed up my parenting payment claims online application. Help!

so... I submitted my online application for parenting payment partnered claims a couple of nights ago and not knowing you couldn't go back to change your details. During the time I was filling out the online applications I tried to be honest and as close as to saying the truth as possible, however, after clicking submit I was given instructions to submit more forms and give evidence based on my application details which I think would be hard for me to fill so I need help whether if I ignore those forms my applications would be rejected?

The reasons being are:

1) they asked you of any ceasing of employment details in the past 12 months and I did leave a job once in the past 12 months, because it was a freelance, contract type of job which only lasted me for one week! The forms I need to submit for my PPP are ceasing of employment forms which need to be signed by my previous employer. So for this job, I've basically left the job assignment a long time ago and burned the bridge with this client. They'd probably forgotten about me and oh they are not located in Australia as I did the job via internet! And I was given another forms to fill in when I left my full time job in 2013 and again this requires my previous employer to sign?! I am currently employed on a freelance basis and earn so little that my current income does not even meet the tax threshold category (I have proof for this. I get invoices fortnightly!).

2) HUsband left full time job around 2 yrs ago and currently spending more time overseas because he decided to start a business in his hometown and I receive little to no income support at the moment (don't ask me further abt him, his decision has turned our relationship sour). And since I put this information down in the applications, I was given a form as well for husband to fill about his business and sign. However if my husband is overseas how can he sign it?
    And the funny thing about the form is the form is about business details that myself and/ or partner has an interest in the business.... I think I never mentioned in the application that I (as the applicant) have the interest in the business?? Again, I haven't read the forms thoroughly but just a bit appalled by looking at the forms briefly.

So what should I do in this situation? I simply just can't ignore not submitting the forms, but for the ones that are 'ridiculous" such as the cease of employment forms, can I tell centrelink that I wouldn't be able to fill them in?

Anyone claiming PPP at the moment, could you share with me how you go through your claims process?

Help please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think with this sort of thing you need to ring and explain it all and hope you get someone who can step you through. Or go into an office if you are close and take all the paperwork that you do have. Centrelink forms don't deal well with grey areas and you need to submit what they ask or your claim won't progress and eventually you'll have to do it again because you didn't submit the forms (meaning things won't be backpaid to this date either). It's a pain to phone and you can expect a couple of hours but just do it and explain and get it sorted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks NAT2561 - might give them a call and see what happens. Also I was wondering what would happen if I withdrew the online applications and re-do all over again? There was a warning button that mentioned that by withdrawing the applications it would be hard for the applicant to re-apply and would need to go thru another review, appeal, etc.

Does it mean everyone only gets a one time attempt to submit a claim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd leave it submitted so that you get backpaid to original date of application. But ring and make all adjustments. I did this when i had no idea of some information yet. Just made up a guess then adjusted it to be correct before they processed it. I had to explain the thing about not actually leaving employment too. They just scrapped that bit for me. It's sometimes a process but persevere. A centrelink person also told me i can post any info i have with a note explaining bits that aren't fitting on the form properly and they then ring you when they receive it and talk through and make changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh well I don't know where to start.....

So I rang centrelink and was put on hold for 1.5 hours after going thru 2 operators. First one was useless, she said she was a receptionist only and I apparently got thru to the reception area (what was that and how did it happen?) anyway she put me thru to a newstart allowance officer who was capable of handling specific query. I spoke to this officer who was even more pathetic. I told him that I did not understand the employment separation/ceasing forms and my understanding was if i were still in the workforce, why would I need to fill employment separation forms and I left those employers not because I wanted to become unemployed. I still have jobs to this day, but less income hence I am applying for a parenting payment claim. He said I was asked to provide those details because they needed to calculate how much payment applicants should be entitled based on different circumstances , for e.g being made redundant, etc. but I told him in my circumstances I quit those jobs because I wanted to change jobs, full stop. And I have burned the bridge with them once I left my previous jobs. He told me to give those forms a go and see if i could keep in contact with my previous employers.

In the end I told him that it seems that I have to give up on the claims because there was no way I could go back to those employers asking them to sign and plus my hubs is overseas he cannot sign those docs in person (that's what other forms are asking me!). That made me wonder what sort of info did i put in when submitting it online that these strange form requests popped!

He advised me to go to a nearest centrelink office and explain to them in person because they are always circumstances that can be explained and might require me to fill a statutory declarations, etc. I think I might just do that.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you post him the form to sign and return to you? Or scan and have him print and sign and return?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have until the 21st of this month. Might have to scan and have him sign and return. Part of documents list is also asking hubs (not just me but "for you" and for "partner" to provide original ID in person..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been on parenting payment in past. You'll definitely either beed a separation cert or satutory declaration. Also i would advise going into the office because if you don't submit everything on time your claim is automatically rejected and you have to get it re-assessed. Get your husband to print the forms from the human services website and scan them back to you.

As for i.d...you'd need to definitely double check how to provide it because he is overseas. Cause again if you miss something it will be rejected and they ain't going tp give youa courtesy call about it.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping up this thread coz I have another question

So I'm planning to go to the centrelink office tomorrow morning just to enquire about the statutory declarations I need instead of the employment separation certificate.

I plan to submit all forms and docs online though (which I have the docs sitting at my comp now and waiting for a press of a button to be uploaded) and that will save me time from printing things out and bring them in person to the centrelink office (except I know I still have to pop in to prove my IDs).

Now I don't know which steps I should do first:

1) I submit all other forms online before going to centrelink (except the employment separation cert which I need a stat dec instead), then when I get there I will explain to them I've purposely left out that employment cert section online because I need a stat dec in person. If I submit all other forms online prior to going to the centerlink office, then won't the system already read it as incomplete applications if I don't have a separation cert or stat dec?

2) Or should I go prior to submitting online tomorrow just to say I'm gonna upload all details online later and I need a stat dec for the time being.

I only have either tomorrow, Friday afternoon or Monday at the latest to submit everything correctly! I have to submit by 21st March unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can submit bits and pieces as you have them. It doesn't have to be all at once so put through what you have (i'd take it in person if you have it there). It will stay as incomplete until each piece is submitted. If you put through digitally then go in, they might not have processed the bits you've submitted by the time you talk to someone. That's why I'd take them in. Personally if i have a face to face i use it for everything possible!