+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD didn't toilet train until 3.5. I tried earlier but she just didn't get it. We gave up and went back to nappies. A few months later I asked her if she wanted to wear undies instead and she said yes. She had plenty of accidents but she seemed to grasp the idea much better. However, it took about 6+ months for her to get poos sorted. It was a nightmare. She just did not want to poo on the toilet. She finally got into the habit of doing it on the toilet before bath time and then she got used to pooping in the loo. She'll be 5 in Aug and she still occasionally has wee accidents (mostly because she waits too long and doesn't want to stop what she's doing) and she still wears a night nappy.

DS is 19mo and I can't even imagine starting at this age, I just don't understand how a kid this age could toilet train!! But his language isn't well developed yet and he only just started walking so he's nowhere near ready. Unless he shows really strong signs of wanting to TT, I won't even attempt it until about 2.5/3yo.

Some kids just take longer. It's a simple thing for some kids, but for others it can be a real challenge.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

MrsMiller  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Should I keep persevering? toilet training question

My DS3 is turning 4 in June and still not trained! The other two got it quite quickly but for some reason he's just not consistent- he can do both on the toilet and even sporadically says he needs to go but still has several "accidents" (both) a day without thinking twice or even telling us after.. It doesn't help that his daycare keep putting him back into nappies and we do shared care with me and his father- thinking perhaps keeping him home for a week or two will do the trick! He needs consistency. 🤔