+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pgd testing

Hi just wondering if someone can give me some insight into pgd testing. I am currently in my tww with a double embryo transfer but not feeling too positive. Overall I have transferred 7 embryos which has resulted in one chemical pregnancy and one blighted ovum which I carried for 11 weeks. My last two cycles I have been with Warren Deambrosis in Brisbane and before our last transfer he suggested using pgd testing on our remaining 5 embryos. We decided against it as we worried it would be a lot for the little embies to take with the repeated thaw and freeze procedures.
    Thinking ahead to another cycle I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on testing frozen embryos. Would we be better maybe doing a fresh cycle and testing new embryos? Am I right in thinking the testing takes 5 days and would it mean a frozen transfer with usable embryos? I am worried about what the results will show but know this might save us so much heart ache. Finally how much does the testing cost? Sorry I know so many questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone help?????? I think I might be dealing with another chemical after poas this morning at 12dp5dt and getting the faintest line ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping this thread

I'm no real help but I know Monash IVF was $800 per embryo last year.
    We opted against it as we had 5 embryos left and thought If this cycle didn't work we'd just risk transferring our embryos and hoping for the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know they could thaw and biopsy for test then re thaw - unless they were frozen at day 3.

After doing so many cycles I would def look into pgd though, that way you will know for sure if it's an embryo or oven issue. Have you done any immune testing to see if your body is fighting off the embies?

I did pgd testing with ivf Australia and it cost me $4k - we banked till I had enough embies to make that price worthwhile.

I think if wazza is suggesting it, then I would do it, he is a very well respected fs, and from what I have heard would not give you false hope about outcomes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl - Thanks for your reply hun, I think we definitely have to consider the pgd testing now to save any more heart ache, this journey has been hell. Will speak to Warren about it at our next appointment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Yeah, PGD testing sounds like a good idea. You may spend extra for the testing but you would save money, time and the physical stress and heartache of putting back abnormal embryos. FYI I had my testing done through Genea and it took 3 weeks for the results to come back.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks for that @Bongley, did it pay off for you have you identified some good embies to use?

I discussed it with DH last night as we are ready to move on which is awful as we haven't even got blood results for this cycle yet but are expecting the worst. We are thinking of asking Warren if we can do a new fresh cycle and test the embryos we get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside well, it's funny you ask. I got 4 embryos to be tested. 3 came back normal and 1 was abnormal. We transferred 2 normals separately and BFN so I then started meds for immune issues and got a BFP on our 'last' embryo. Except it wasn't the last one as just as I got my BFP I got a call from the embryologists to say they had looked at the results again as a matter of quality control and the last embryo was considered normal. Borderline but normal. SO, all 4 came back normal in the end, bear in mind they were from (25yr old) donor eggs.

Also my tested embryos were from a fresh cycle so only one lot of freezing and thawing. I can understand being hesitant to thaw, test and refreeze. I'd be tempted to do another fresh cycle if I were you I think, the frozen ones can wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow that's great news @Bongley. Big congrats on your bfp too how exciting! Hope you have a stress free pregnancy. I think your right would prefer to test from a fresh cycle. When you say you were treated for immune issues what does that include? No immune issues have been identified for me but Warren has me on the clexane injections, prednisone and feldene tablets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside thanks I had an endometrial biopsy and tested positive for NK cells and then was put on 25mg prednisone and the clexane. So sounds like you have it covered.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-03-2016)