mothers group - how young is too young? | Page 4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    TC, definitely try to go. As others have said, it's a potentially tremendous source of support in those very early weeks. Just chuck on some trakky-daks, bring a spew-rag, and rock up. No-one expects you to look gorgeous, or have it "together".

My Mothers' Group was amazing...just very normal women. We all had our 2nd bubs around the same time too, so it was a "re-activated" support group also. 5 years on, and we still catch-up. Those intense few weeks of the newborn stage are when the support of Mothers' Group is really beneficial.

Please don't wait. Jump in. I doubt very much you'll regret it

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Totally agree with this. I was the disheveled one in my mothers group - I was lucky if I even got to brush my hair but no one cared and 4 yrs down the track we still meet and it's got us through babyhood, toddlers and now kindy!

My DS was 2weeks old when I started - the others ranged from 3 months to 1 month old.

Best wishes 😀

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't go with any of my 3 and I wish I had.

I would have made new friends, shared new experiences and so forth. It wasn't till I had my 3rd that I realised how nice it would have been if I could have gone somewhere, had a chat, heard how other mums dealt wit the tough times and what not.

Go and have fun I say. 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Can you maybe research other mums groups that may not be so soon but that you don't have to wait 3 months?

I joined one when my DD was 3.5 months and I still found it very useful and still catch up with 6 of the mum's. 4 of us have all gone on to have second babies within 6 months of eachother.

So it might not be so bad if you wait. Especially if you can't drive. Do you have any other way of getting there?

If you wait until 3 months you still have all of us and your DIG for advice in the mean time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Can you maybe research other mums groups that may not be so soon but that you don't have to wait 3 months?

I joined one when my DD was 3.5 months and I still found it very useful and still catch up with 6 of the mum's. 4 of us have all gone on to have second babies within 6 months of eachother.

So it might not be so bad if you wait. Especially if you can't drive. Do you have any other way of getting there?

If you wait until 3 months you still have all of us and your DIG for advice in the mean time!
    how do you research other mothers groups? just google local mothers groups? that's a really good idea so thanks. even if I was able to join another group in a few months time or attend more than one, I think it could be good for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If you do it through the MCH centre you only get the one that's local to you. If you choose to join a later group you may miss out if there happens to be a lot of babies born after you. They try to group the babies by age so the mums will have the most in common.

Speak to the child health nurse about how it works in your area. That's how it worked when I was in Melbourne (but was about 10 years ago).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    so just had MCHN visit. she said the group most likely will not start now til end of March so I'm feeling much better about having a bit more time. I should be driving by then too so feeling much more confident. thanks for all your helpful input ladies! 😊

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (10-03-2016),wobbleyhorse  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my DS when he was 2.5 weeks! And he wasn't the youngest. It was awesome. We are a very diverse group but that's part of the fun. The bubs are 7-8 months old now and we're catching up tomorrow!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post: