Closed Thread
Page 67 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1363
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Blossom74 yes of course, glad to help! I'll be flying to Canada, away until mid next week so I'll be offline more than usual.

    Had a shock yesterday when my electronic visa response finally came through (I applied last week as soon as I got my new passport), it had been rejected Turns out if you have Canadian citizenship like I do (got it through naturalisation when I was a kid and have never held a Canadian passport) you MUST travel to Canada using a Canadian passport. Uh, sh!t. So off I ran to the consulate and they were going to issue me with an emergency Canadian passport. I'd anticipated this and got some documents and forms all ready to go, then they looked into it and said the visa rules were new (introduced two days ago) and there was a grace period so they would let me through at customs with my Australian passport. Holy heart attack batman. I thought for a while there I was not going to be able to go to Canada because I was a citizen I've travelled to Canada several times on holiday and never knew I was supposed to have a canadian passport to do this.

    Anyway, all good now but I've aged 10 years in 24 hours.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Gagingi  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  3. #662
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks. I posted on facebook. I know we're not meant to talk about things like this but I wanted her to know she's in the thoughts of my friends and family too. I'm just so sad. the cramping's gone now so I'm not sure how long we have

    Maybe in the olden days we were not meant to talk about things like this hon, but I think that attitude is changing now - and rightly so. This is exactly why, when I found out I was pregnant with Blossom (and I mean, as soon as I found out I was pregnant) I told all of my immediate family.

    I wanted my baby to be acknowledged! I wanted everyone to know that no matter if this ends well or not, YES, I did have a child! Despite the fact that in the end he/she couldn't stay with us here on Earth, he/she was still my child and was so very much loved and wanted. My child counted, as much as any of my other nieces and nephews did. I truly feel that acknowledgement is very important in the healing process.

    Yes, people might find it hard to know what to say, but that doesn't mean you have to sweep something so significant - the loss of your darling baby - under the carpet. Good on you for sharing your story hon. I'm just so sorry you've had to go through such a sad loss

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Bongley  (17-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (17-03-2016),Gagingi  (17-03-2016),Maxwellsmum  (17-03-2016),Petal40  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  5. #663
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,219
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked
    6,880
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you putting it on facey. You should talk about bubs as much as you want to Hun, I personally think the fertile world needs to hear more about what we go through to have a baby the suffering and the pain, it's all too common and not just the the guaranteed baby and the joy and elation that a lot of people seem to think it is. Also it's nice of you and DH to give others who care about you an open door so they can offer you support and love as well when the time is right. I think it's lovely too that your spending the time with each other. I don't know too much about how long it will take. With mine well we never got a heart beat and I opted for d and c because of that reason. Mine was never viable. I have heard it can be quite painful and you may experience a lot of bleeding. If you have any concerns though just get your DH to take you up to the ER xo
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks. I posted on facebook. I know we're not meant to talk about things like this but I wanted her to know she's in the thoughts of my friends and family too. I'm just so sad. the cramping's gone now so I'm not sure how long we have

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  7. #664
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Blossom74 yes of course, glad to help! I'll be flying to Canada, away until mid next week so I'll be offline more than usual.

    Had a shock yesterday when my electronic visa response finally came through (I applied last week as soon as I got my new passport), it had been rejected Turns out if you have Canadian citizenship like I do (got it through naturalisation when I was a kid and have never held a Canadian passport) you MUST travel to Canada using a Canadian passport. Uh, sh!t. So off I ran to the consulate and they were going to issue me with an emergency Canadian passport. I'd anticipated this and got some documents and forms all ready to go, then they looked into it and said the visa rules were new (introduced two days ago) and there was a grace period so they would let me through at customs with my Australian passport. Holy heart attack batman. I thought for a while there I was not going to be able to go to Canada because I was a citizen I've travelled to Canada several times on holiday and never knew I was supposed to have a canadian passport to do this.

    Anyway, all good now but I've aged 10 years in 24 hours.


    Lol, holy cow! Because that's just the sort of panic you need to be in right now, right?! I'm glad you got it sorted but gosh you must have been feeling frazzled afterwards

    I've sent you a PM with my myriad of questions, lol. Thanks so much, and like I said - no pressure. I'd appreciate any tips you can offer in due course.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  9. #665
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,098
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked
    13,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @winsor You're very much in my thoughts. I'm so glad you and DP are on the same page. He sounds like a wonderful, kind, supportive and loving man.
    When I was in a similiar position to you, it took a few weeks for my little one's heart to finally stop beating. I had very regular scans and his heart rate continued to drop with each scan. Once his heart did actually stop, I waited weeks to miscarry but it just wouldn't happen naturally. I think I bled for about 4-6 weeks before becoming anemic and having a d&c.
    As you already know and are doing, treasure the time you still have together because this little one will impact on your lives and hearts forever. A mother's love never ends.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Caesardust  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  11. #666
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,098
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked
    13,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    10dpo = BFN.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Summer  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  13. #667
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jeez @Tahli they are taking their time.. Isn't it really only 9.5dpo though allowing for time difference? I got my super early bfp at 10dpo so tonight for you if you have early implanting twins! Ie it's still early - hang in there. @winsor I'm so sad to hear your bad news hugs

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Summer  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)

  15. #668
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,068
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Tahli, it's good to know what to expect. so far I'm just lightly bleeding, no more cramps, so I'm not sure how long it will take. yes, DP is an amazing man - I'm very lucky to have him
    @Blossom74 & @Maxwellsmum, yes those thoughts exactly. I wanted my bub to feel the love from my friends and family also. people are sending their love and I'm sure the baby can feel it via me.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Summer  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016)

  17. #669
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,068
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    over the weekend you'll see that second line @Tahli

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Gagingi  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Summer  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016)

  19. #670
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @winsor You're very much in my thoughts. I'm so glad you and DP are on the same page. He sounds like a wonderful, kind, supportive and loving man.
    When I was in a similiar position to you, it took a few weeks for my little one's heart to finally stop beating. I had very regular scans and his heart rate continued to drop with each scan. Once his heart did actually stop, I waited weeks to miscarry but it just wouldn't happen naturally. I think I bled for about 4-6 weeks before becoming anemic and having a d&c.
    As you already know and are doing, treasure the time you still have together because this little one will impact on your lives and hearts forever. A mother's love never ends.
    Ah @Tahli that sounds absolutely awful, what a terrible thing to go through

    Come on squinter, don't leave us hanging. I know you are stressing but you've got a few days yet.

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-03-2016),Blossom74  (17-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Summer  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (17-03-2016),winsor  (17-03-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
GymbaROO
GymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available Australia-wide. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!