Closed Thread
Page 57 of 137 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 and @Tahli sounds like you have been with some right axxwipes and must be such a relief to have left the behind now. I also have a story to match with my ex dating a prostitute for months while he was unemployed and I was out working full time. He wooed her and didn't pay for the deed after awhile. I think he found himself in too deep and she managed to get my number to call me as she wanted her money! What a complete shock it was! I still almost don't believe it but the girl sent me naked photos of him and would not leave me alone for a number of weeks. She was a messed up individual just like he was. I still managed to feel most sorry for myself though rather than them which had me in all sorts for a long time.

Least talk of tragic exes helps distract everyone from ttc today a little.

@gagini I hope you can transfer something tomorrow and that some embies make it to day 5.
    @Charlie74 it was me who said dr NL talked to me about the stem cells in the uterus for improving lining. Could you maybe talk to him about it? I'm going to ask him about trental was it?

So I got the paperwork for my lap from both FS today. What are the chances? I will make a decision tomorrow who I go through but it's looking like it will be with Dr NL as going through the cheap clinic is just not going to get me anywhere again and I'll regret not doing Pgd. So this evening has been one frantic thought and realisation after another about how long it will be before I can transfer again. I've been told to do down reg. Lap in April then hopefully a stim in April too and a freeze all Pgd. When after Pgd can you do a transfer? How long does it take? I remember someone saying it takes ages. Would I be able to transfer in May or would it have to be June? Thanks ladies.

Sorry for the mega post 😳😳😳

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Charlie74  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @Gagingi - really sorry to hear your update. It's just crap. Will you do another cycle after this one to try and get some more normals ? If you do, I guess a months break to give your ovaries a rest is in order. By the time I do my fourth and last cycle next month I will have had 3 months between EPU's.
    @Green lady we'll definitely cycle again. I think we'll do a FET next month and then probably back-to-back cycles again. I had thought we seem to do better in the second month of the back-to-back, but maybe not given this cycle's result. Wazza says it's a numbers game and I'm inclined to agree. I was trying to avoid as many transfers with PGD as I find TWW and its meds very draining. It might just be emotion/stress, but physical symptoms. Wazza seems very keen on transferring whatever cannot be frozen and that seems stronger than last year - so I suspect he's had some low quality embies take and doesn't want anything wasted. in future I'll do a scratch day 1-5 I think. I'm thinking more about DE, but not ready yet to give up on OE.

Good of luck with your cycle. My LH was low when I got the 50% empty follicles - I don't know if the two were related, but seems odd that it's only happened once out of 7 cycles.... I was on Luveris this time and no empties.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I think your friends comment was pretty insensitive. I do think the girls are right though. Comments such as the ones you and I got are from people who have insecurities and jealousies which come to the surface in little (but hurtful) comments.

As for cheating rats not all of them are guys. My DH's ex girlfriend did the dirty on him. He was so upset it took him 2 years to consider dating again. She also fits into the category of someone who can't ever be alone. Unfortunately she is usually working on acquiring her next victim before she detaches from her last.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Charlie74  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Lap in April then hopefully a stim in April too and a freeze all Pgd. When after Pgd can you do a transfer? How long does it take? I remember someone saying it takes ages. Would I be able to transfer in May or would it have to be June? Thanks ladies.
    Technically you should be able to transfer next month with PGD, but I thought most FSs like you to have a few months off after a lap... You definitely need ovaries settled from stimming in order to have lap as enlarged ovaries interfere with lap. Then it would depend if they find anything on the lap.

With PGD they have to be rated min expanding BB to survive biopsy. Day 3 they don't, but then you could biopsy/pay for an embie that wasn't going to make it to day 5 anyway. This is our second attempt at day 5 biopsy, with transfer just being those that are too poor to biopsy or freeze. QFG apparently turns them around in 2-3 weeks, but Monash I think is 3 weeks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Caesardust  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Caesardust I'm glad your paperwork came through - it seems like you've been waiting forever for it. good luck with making your decision

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Caesardust  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi - this time I am doing Gonal f 225 ( which I did in my very first cycle) with 75 iu of luveris. I have done one pure Gonal f and two menopur so wanted to change something for this last cycle. He wasn't keen on doing a cycle without some level of added lh. It's hard to know as I got no normal embryos using FSh only and none normal using FSh and lh. That makes me think no matter what I do I will get the same result. Anyway, I have also changed the trigger to lucrin - my request just to change something again. My FS wasn't in favour of double ovidrel trigger given my pattern of high egg numbers , high e2 and OHSS risk. My FS didn't recommend I do a fourth cycle given my terrible results to date but said he'd support me doing one albeit with his arm twisted up his back!

I think doing an fet next month will give you a rest ( in a way). Hopefully you won't need to do another stim cycle!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust - agree with that Gagingi said. Monash takes exactly 3 weeks to get results (from Brisbane anyway). As an example, I had me EPU mid Jan and PGD results came 8 or 9 Feb. had I prepared for a transfer ( which I didn't) and got a normal I would have been able to do a transfer in Feb as ovulation day was 7 Feb and transfer would have been 5 days after that.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Caesardust  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #28

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Caesardust.. I'll pm you re the stem cell stuff.

Re PGD... So it takes about 3-4 weeks. So you can't transfer the month you cycle, and not the following either Bcos if AF comes even approx 14 days after EPU then the next month is out as well. So it works out at being not the stim cycle, & not the next cycle, but the cycle after that is possible. It's a bummer but in the long run is worth it X
    Thanks @Charlie but couldn't they prepare you for a fet on the cycle following Epu based on the presumption you may get a normal Pgd embie?

So if Epu was late April. Then next cycle started mid May so transfer would be in late May. Pgd results would be in beginning to mid May. Does that sound right?
    Last edited by Caesardust; 15-03-2016 at 20:48.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I'm just not keeping up with everyone personally, I'm in a conference & there is actually no internet service in the training room so I can't even sneaky check when the speaker is boring 😝
    @Blossom74 I'm so sorry you're hanging up your POAS sticks for this cycle & that it appears to be end of your OE quest... Take the time to grieve for this part of your journey as this is a very difficult thing to have to face. I always have to remind DH that I can grieve the loss of never having my own biological child, at the same time as being hopeful about a DE child - they are not mutually exclusive emotions. Go gently sweetheart 💗
    @Tahli patch up that bubble STAT!! It is not time for the bubble to burst my stick-wh0re friend, you are most definitely PUPO & no chocolate eating binge is going to change that. Have a good chat to those little snuggling in bubbas & have a good sleep & hopefully that bubble will repair overnight. Hang in there love, you are doing great 💖
    @Bongley I am so happy the scan went well for you & you got to see more of your little darling!!! Hope the next week is not going to stress you too much, it is such a tragic situation 😢
    @winsor oh hon any colour would be stressful but it does sound like some sort of pessary irritation - go the back door if you need to & give your v-jay jay a break, rest up & go for a scan ASAP if you are worried at all.

Love to everyone else & I will try to catch up more tomorrow xxxxx

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Gagingi  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Summer. I hope you conference is more interesting tomorrow so the day goes quicker

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016)