Closed Thread
Page 37 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Blossom74 I agree, still too early. mon-wed are your days. it's so torturous, days 10-12. I hope you can keep busy today too
    @tuxcat I think it's natural to have those feelings, but as JM says epigenetics will help pass on some of your traits, and I think the baby will learn your mannerisms & behaviours whilst growing up as you'll be teaching it, and they watch like a hawk and pick up the smallest things you don't even realise you're doing. such fast learners. I hope your OE cycle is the one too, but if you have to do DE everything will be ok
    @JulieMalooley I can see her gorgeous face!

afm Got a bit hot yesterday after buying new shoes (first pair in about 4 yrs) and visiting a few galleries on walk home on their open days. ended up getting the bus for the last stretch. DP raised what if the kid has Downs or similar as it's a high chance. I said we'd think about that if we get to it and my results will prob give a high chance due to my age. showed him all the info about the tests. today I'm working on assignment due tomorrow. almost there

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Blossom74  (13-03-2016),Caesardust  (13-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (13-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),Tahli  (13-03-2016),tuxcat  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome @Kookii. sorry to hear what you're going through. hugs I think other ladies consult with Dr M whilst at another clinic, but I'll let them confirm in case I've misunderstood

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Blossom74  (13-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    also, @Kookii have they done more tests on your DP. the guys are luckier (sometimes) in that they can improve in 3-4 months. we started off with MFI (morphology) but DP had improved a year later when we changed clinics and were retested. in case that's an option for you too

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Blossom74  (13-03-2016),Kookii  (15-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookii View Post
    Am I allowed in here even if I'm a '77 girl?
    We've been ttc#1 for 4 years, in 2014 we found out dh' swimmers are too cr@ppy, ICSI our only hope. Here we are, still waiting for that first baby after 3 FETs and one fresh transfer. Currently experiencing a mc with my first IVF bfp.

I've been told to have me check for immune issues and an endo scratch. Atm I'm with a low cost clinic after many failed cycles with IVF A, I'll have to ask if they offer them. If not, I don't know what we'll do. I've already asked in another thread if Its possible to be treated by Dr M and have a FET/cycle with my clinic?

Well, it's Sunday. I'll rest today and go full IVF mode tmr ������

Welcome to the group love, although I'm sorry it's under your present circumstance. I have done 4 cycles now and got my first BFP in September last year but sadly had a MMC at 8 weeks, and a D&C shortly thereafter. It's a heartbreak many of us on this thread know only all too well unfortunately. Still, you're in good company here - everyone is absolutely lovely and so very supportive. Me, I'm a nut-case ATM as I'm on 11dpo and 9dp2dt, so please don't judge me on my current erratic behavior

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Bongley  (13-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),Tahli  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    Ive got just over a month before starting my last cycle, it will be here before i know it (cant believe its already mid march!!) but now it cant come soon enough. Ive had my egg donor ad out for a while now too and Im starting to see other people on there get donors and I keep having to remind myself that Im not ready for that yet - Im doing one more OE cycle!! Sick of waiting I guess. And then I feel sad that I won't have a child with any of my characteristics, not looks wise but I guess more the little things about my character. That is unless of course we get lucky and DE doesnt have to happen..uurgghh. Waffling really...

Your next cycle will be here before you know it hon And then it's all crazy-a$$ rollercoaster from there!

I just joined EDA a few days ago and have put up my intro but no advertisement as yet. It is something I'd prefer not to think about and would rather focus on Baby Cakes right now, but is definitely something to consider going forward if worst comes to worst.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Kookii  (15-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),Tahli  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    I thought long and hard about posting it on this thread, but here's a little motivator. Little girl yesterday at our 3D scan. I need to go back as they didn't get many good shots - it was a jumble of arms and legs and squished faces. 27 weeks now.
    Attachment 79179

Just beautiful @JulieM And definitely something to inspire us. It must just be so surreal knowing that this is happening to you. I cannot imagine getting to that point myself, but God I hope I do.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (13-03-2016),Kookii  (15-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),Tahli  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    DP raised what if the kid has Downs or similar as it's a high chance. I said we'd think about that if we get to it and my results will prob give a high chance due to my age. showed him all the info about the tests. today I'm working on assignment due tomorrow. almost there

DH and I have spoken at length about this too. And yes, many of the tests would probably come back as high risk at our age anyway. However, I have pretty high faith in the Harmony test results, so we would be guided by those. As bad as this sounds, I know that DH and I don't think we could continue a pregnancy if there was an issue with Downs or some other significant risk. I know that people do of course manage that and more power to them - but I am not the sort of person who feels equipped to cope with a chiild who has significant disabilities. Not only that, being older and not in a great financial position we would not like to have to worry about how to take care of this child long term and into the future when we are gone. It's such a terribly personal choice though and you really have to follow your gut on that decision. And hey, it's 'easy' for me to say all of that now, but I imagine if I were sitting in a clinic, looking at a scan of my baby, the decision could probably still go either way. Sometimes logic doesn't come into it. I pray that it's not something I ever have to worry about to be honest

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Bongley  (13-03-2016),Caesardust  (13-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (13-03-2016),Kookii  (15-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),tuxcat  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this afternoon DH are heading off to a lunch time 30th birthday BBQ which will be nice. It is at a friend's house and there are other people coming that I've never met so I feel a little awkward about it but hopefully it is a lovely afternoon. If nothing else it will keep my mind off things until later this afternoon when I can unleash and POAS! I have been holding on since 9am and don't intend to go again until we get back around 3pm so that is the best I can do, lol. Will try not to drink too much though in the mean time cos that's a fair while to go without weeing

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),Tahli  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks ladies

hi @Kookii welcome..i cant help with Dr M but there are plenty of ladies in here that can. Im sorry to hear about your mc, take good care of yourself during this sh!tty time.

great it will take your mind off things @Blossom74, thats exactly what you need! I agree with you in regards to having a child with a disability, DH has worked with disabled people for many years (of all levels of disability) and knows the extent of how hard it is so is very adamant that we would not go there. Ive always had that thought in any case but I do take my hat off to people who choose to go ahead regardless. Not an easy choice to make and very individual.

good luck with this arvo POAS!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-03-2016),Kookii  (15-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    DH and I have spoken at length about this too. And yes, many of the tests would probably come back as high risk at our age anyway. However, I have pretty high faith in the Harmony test results, so we would be guided by those. As bad as this sounds, I know that DH and I don't think we could continue a pregnancy if there was an issue with Downs or some other significant risk. I know that people do of course manage that and more power to them - but I am not the sort of person who feels equipped to cope with a chiild who has significant disabilities. Not only that, being older and not in a great financial position we would not like to have to worry about how to take care of this child long term and into the future when we are gone. It's such a terribly personal choice though and you really have to follow your gut on that decision. And hey, it's 'easy' for me to say all of that now, but I imagine if I were sitting in a clinic, looking at a scan of my baby, the decision could probably still go either way. Sometimes logic doesn't come into it. I pray that it's not something I ever have to worry about to be honest

And that's why Ex-DP and I wanted to have the elective CVS done for all of those reasons you've mentioned because I/we feel/felt exactly the same Luv except I know I would've chosen to terminate the pregnancy if any chromosomal abnormalities were present as bad as it sounds.

At the end of the day, it wasn't about an inability to love our child it was about the quality of life a child with profound disabilitlies would have especially the intellectual capacity to be able to understand that one day we would no longer be alive to care for them and then what?? They end up in an Aged Care home in their 30's or something not understanding why the hell they're there or where we are??

No, that kind of future was just too cruel to even contemplate doing to any child of mine and there was no way I'd expect any siblings (if we'd had other children) or extended family to be responsible for what was ultimately our choices. I think that's unfair to do to siblings/family. They have the right to lead their lives without that kind of expectation and responsibility foisted on them as far as I'm concerned.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-03-2016),Summer  (13-03-2016),winsor  (13-03-2016)