Closed Thread
Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @Tahli weren't that couple also asking for some of the initial IVF costs also ?

I reckon that would be pretty reasonable to ask for something. I'd scrape together anything I could for a few healthy embies. I'd scrape together what I could for one.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    @Blossom74 I am so with you hon, I've felt for so long now that my body is crying out to be pregnant and that there is a baby out there waiting to come in. It does hurt every day and I feel so left behind and wonder if it will ever happen for us... There is a whole younger generation of my DH's family that we are quite close to, that are all ready to have children (just got one FB pregnancy announcement yesterday) and I just don't know how I'm going to deal with all the new babies around over the next few years if I don't have one myself. I am so crying out for my own family it is ridiculous. I totally know how you feel and am hurting alongside you

I'm sorry hon, I know I am not alone in this. Just some days are better than others, that's all.

I should be grateful. I had one beautiful baby with me for 8 whole weeks and that is more than many people are ever lucky enough to get. Maybe that's all I'll ever get. I just don't know how to go on if that's the case.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley That couple were a little confused about the process and hadn't researched it. I think, they thought they could ship their embryos to Oz for a transfer, hence splitting the shipping costs...but as your know, in reality, it would mean a CT transfer.
    There have to be other recipients at CFC who aren't using all of their embryos and would like to donate them, esp if they've finished creating their family. Wasn't some-one told recently that CFC didn't need any more donated eggs/embryos because they had enough in their bank??
    Anyway @Blossom74 it's just food for thought when finances are limited. I wonder if anything like this exists on the site @Bongley uses....where another woman could gift you an excess young egg/embryo without having to pay the full cycle cost. I'm just trying to think outside the box.
    Stick Baby Cakes stick!!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 09-03-2016 at 10:38.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr M's receptionist just called back. 500mg (half a tablet) in the morning for a week, then 500mg in the morning and 500mg at night thereafter. Apparently you only stay on it for a few weeks after a BFP and is safe to take in pregnancy. So it must just be for implantation/recurrent miscarriage as per yesterday's article in the media that I posted a link to.
    It's such a shame to have stuck out the horrible side effects for 4 weeks then 2 days before transfer have to half the dose and lower its effectiveness. Boo hiss!!
    @Charlie74 are you ok? You've gone very quiet.
    @JulieMalooley what I wouldn't give to be following in your footsteps on this trip.
    I emailed CFC lastnight and asked them to thaw 2 embryos but that if 1 wasn't looking good to email me so we could discuss thawing the third and final embryo, not to just do it automatically, as I'm keen to save one embryo for a final transfer.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @JulieMalooley That couple were a little confused about the process and hadn't researched it. I think, they thought they could ship their embryos to Oz for a transfer, hence splitting the shipping costs...but as your know, in reality, it would mean a CT transfer.
    There have to be other recipients at CFC who aren't using all of their embryos and would like to donate them, esp if they've finished creating their family. Wasn't some-one told recently that CFC didn't need any more donated eggs/embryos because they had enough in their bank??
    Anyway @Blossom74 it's just food for thought when finances are limited. I wonder if anything like this exists on the site @Bongley uses....where another woman could gift you an excess young egg/embryo without having to pay the full cycle cost. I'm just trying to think outside the box.

It certainly is food for thought @Tahli. I like the idea of thinking outside the box whilst (hopefully) Baby Cakes is sticking inside his/her box!

What a bl00dy day. I've been crying on and off all morning. Damn drugs. Damn stress.

I think I'll find something nice to eat and try to calm myself.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 there is a 'recipients seeking embryos' section on eggdonationaustralia.com.au and some info about the process

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Tahli;8426116]Dr M's receptionist just called back. 500mg (half a tablet) in the morning for a week, then 500mg in the morning and 500mg at night thereafter. Apparently you only stay on it for a few weeks after a BFP and is safe to take in pregnancy. So it must just be for implantation/recurrent miscarriage as per yesterday's article in the media that I posted a link to.
    It's such a shame to have stuck out the horrible side effects for 4 weeks then 2 days before transfer have to half the dose and lower its effectiveness. Boo hiss!!QUOTE]

Still, if half the dose = you being able to function a little better it would be beneficial in that way. Dr Blossom advises trying to keep up your fluids and take as much rest as you can hon

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Blossom74 there is a 'recipients seeking embryos' section on eggdonationaustralia.com.au and some info about the process

Right, that's it. I'm going to register and get some information. Thanks hon.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Bongley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankyou everyone again. This journey is so heartbreaking at every point. There really is no guarantee until your holding a living, breathing baby in your arms. @Blossom74 you go ahead and have your pity party. The 2WW is a stinker. I 'm bloody sure if the men went through what we do there'd be a wombscope invented so we could see what's going on.

Need some sleep. I got little last night and this morning the calls have been coming in. Dr called me again too. He wants weekly appointments from now on. I am feeling paranoid about our remaining bub so I'm quite happy about this. Having said that this one is determined to let me know it's fine. Kicked the shiite out of me all night. Also talked to DH about quiting work early. We got some good financial news last week with DH being owed bback pay and an identical property to ours being sold for $70,000 more than we thought. It means we can sell and pay off our other properties mortgage. The only thing I need to manage is going crazy at home. Work is a great distraction but baby comes first.
    I guess now I also need to look into our frosties. I recall being told they were C quality but blossom's Baby Cakes makes me want to ask if they were CC's or maybe BC's or CB's. I have a big void and one empty cot to fill. I hope that doesn't sound too selfish. Trying to find ways to cope right now. I want my baby back.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Bongley  (09-03-2016),Caesardust  (09-03-2016),Gagingi  (10-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Thankyou everyone again. This journey is so heartbreaking at every point. There really is no guarantee until your holding a living, breathing baby in your arms. @Blossom74 you go ahead and have your pity party. The 2WW is a stinker. I 'm bloody sure if the men went through what we do there'd be a wombscope invented so we could see what's going on.

Need some sleep. I got little last night and this morning the calls have been coming in. Dr called me again too. He wants weekly appointments from now on. I am feeling paranoid about our remaining bub so I'm quite happy about this. Having said that this one is determined to let me know it's fine. Kicked the shiite out of me all night. Also talked to DH about quiting work early. We got some good financial news last week with DH being owed bback pay and an identical property to ours being sold for $70,000 more than we thought. It means we can sell and pay off our other properties mortgage. The only thing I need to manage is going crazy at home. Work is a great distraction but baby comes first.
    I guess now I also need to look into our frosties. I recall being told they were C quality but blossom's Baby Cakes makes me want to ask if they were CC's or maybe BC's or CB's. I have a big void and one empty cot to fill. I hope that doesn't sound too selfish. Trying to find ways to cope right now. I want my baby back.

Oh hon, it's just so bl00dy wrong, it really is. And for your LO to lose his/her twin - well - that's just tragic. There will always be a special bond between you and your lost bub, and also between the twins. I really don't think there is anything that can break that

I am VERY pleased that your Doctor is going to keep a close eye on you too. As you mentioned, it will be good reassurance for you. With things as they are, I imagine there may be other risks involved now that weren't there before, so the more attention you get the better IMO.

I am delighted that your bubba is having a footy practice session inside you. Granted, sleep is probably hard enough to come by at the moment, but long may the kicking continue, I say!

Yes, definitely ask the question about your remaining embies Most FS's have that info at their fingertips so a quick phone call and you should have your answer. It's nice to know, even though in the end it doesn't really add up to being that important. I mean, my A Grade emby went home at 8 weeks, but I've heard of plenty of C Grade embies making it to the finish line just fine.

Big hugs hon, we are all here for you

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)