Closed Thread
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,327 of 1327
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 I've had two close friendships which ended and then recommenced. One I didn't know why the friendship ended - we had a massive argument over nothing and didn't talk for a few years, but later I found out I'd just borne the brunt of other complexities in her life. We rebuilt slowly, worked near each other and would catch up for lunch. At some point, after a few months we had a big heart to heart about what had happened and now several years later we are still the best of friends, closer than ever. The other was my BF from high school, she got married young and became such a biaitch that I exited her life - it was basically her, or all my other friends. Later she got in touch when her marriage failed and I felt for her and we started hanging out and resumed the friendship. A few years on and things went a bit haywire for me with severe glandular fever and I couldn't do what I'd previously done, she was very unsupportive, tried to break up my marriage (she wanted my DH), and I saw that the behaviors I'd attributed to her ex-DH (treating everybody like rubbish), was actually her as well. I ended the friendship and it was very hard as she'd been important yo me, but she wasn't a nice person. I suspect she has a personality disorder and she destroys others.

If if I were you I'd approach with caution. I guess you'd need to access why she has contacted you now and who is she now? What does she want? Has she burnt all her other friends? Putting aside your history, would you choose her as a friend now? I think @tuxcat makes a very valuable point, you are vulnerable right now. I find it tough enough keeping up with existing friends and you don't need extra drama in your life.

You could accept her Facebook request and just quietly see what happens? Something must have triggered her reaching out and I'd want to know what that is before I got too far in.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016),Caesardust  (26-03-2016),Charlie74  (26-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (26-03-2016),tuxcat  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies

I'm bl00dy knackered. Two days ago we had a couple of tonne of firewood delivered, so yesterday DH and I had to stack it all up. Then we took our trailer out (and it's a massive trailer) and cut, hauled and stacked another full load. At six pm we then drove out to our friend's farm and scraped their dairy with shovels to get a full trailer of manure for our vegie patch. I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open now! We still have to go out for our groceries and hang up two loads of laundry, then hubby will service his truck and I have to unload the manure and extend our vegie patch. I defy anyone who tells us we are lazy people

We went off to the local market this morning for a potter about too. Had a god look around but didn't buy much aside from a couple of chainsaw blade sharpeners and a nice bacon and egg sandwich which I think was well deserved, all things considered!

Tomorrow we are heading back to the forest for another load of wood, and we will do one on Monday too. I reckon after that we are set for Winter, which is a relief.

What's everyone else up to? I'm thinking of baking up a batch of scones with jam and cream for afternoon tea today

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Caesardust  (27-03-2016),Gagingi  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 you two have been a lot more energetic than myself. Ive been a lazy ****!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @Blossom74 you two have been a lot more energetic than myself. Ive been a lazy ****!!

That doesn't sound too bad either love. I wouldn't mind just sitting down with a dvd or a magazine and being left in peace to relax for a while. The thing is though, that whenever I try to do that my mind starts racing about all the things I should be doing, and in the end I just give up and go back to work! DH is much the same - we are just go, go, go with everything. The only way to stop us doing all these little jobs is to actually go away for a weekend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry...no idea why they are sideways

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    They look bloody delish @Blossom74!!!😊👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hop over here to the new thread please.