+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    This is one of my concerns about using cc at all as this might be one isolated incident or this may be standard practice how does anyone know what really goes on in these places? My eldest went to an on paper fantastic daycare when she was just 12 months. Great policies, systems 1:3 ratio etc... But despite promising a primary caregiver for consistency one day they just changed her carer and often when I was there I felt the staff were disengaged from the kids. They had webcams too and the carers just seemed to sit around chatting to each other. Ok so no serious issues but this was a new expensive centre but I was glad I could take her out after 2 months. This was in London here they all look seriously understaffed to me and so hard to get kids into them so everyone has to put up with it? Sorry probably not right place for a rant just sad to hear about this incident and fuels my distrust in these centres...
    How do you know? You'll never know. But it comes down to trust. I know it's hard because our children are most precious to us, but all you can do is research, observe, ask questions, go with your instinct, trust that you've made the right decision and trust that the people looking after your child are capable. People who work in the child care industry are not there for the money, the holidays, the employee benefits (all of these are basically non existent by the way), 'most' are there because they love working with children. Sure there are crappy centres, but there are some really great ones out there too. Don't lose faith in the child care industry, there's still a long way to go but it is getting better here in Australia. I hope you have a much better experience if there's a next time.
    Side note, seeing carers sitting around chatting is my pet hate. Yes they need to communicate throughout the day and interact like humans in other professions, but not at the expensive of the children.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is why I'm studying Childcare I'm an RN at the moment. I hate substandard Childcare. 2 mins time out would have been fair and then that's that. Not letting it carry on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This is why I'm studying Childcare I'm an RN at the moment. I hate substandard Childcare. 2 mins time out would have been fair and then that's that. Not letting it carry on
    I'm glad you're passionate about good care. I hope that's the case with everyone who seeks to work in the industry. Just to clarify, our centre's behaviour policy actually doesn't allow for timeouts of any length. It's all based on redirection. So he shouldn't have been in the situation at all. 🙁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (10-03-2016)