+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many variables to this question! If it's just your child and the other child I wouldn't take anything. As others have said, the host will end up with an abundance of food. If it's a few children I might be tempted to take a fruit platter.

If you feel you *need* to take something what about a bunch of hand picked flowers to say thanks for having us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Even though it's just a play date and certainly no biggie, I dunno, I'd still want to bring something if I knew the mum was putting on morning tea.
    I've never been on a playdate so what do I know, anyway? Lol. Do the parents stay or is it a drop off/pick up later thing? If you're staying you could bring a little tub of dip and crackers? Nothing OTT, just a little thing to put out?
    And it doesn't even have to be food - maybe just a couple of cheapie bottles of blowing bubbles? A sheet of stickers for the kids to share and play with?
    God no no bubbles!!!! Didn't you read my comment on the party bag thread?!!! I hate them 😂.

But no really when I invite kid over its to play with my kids so when I say bring nothing I mean it. I don't go overboard with food at all. And yes if you want to stay and have a cup of tea (or wine if it's the end of the day) then perfect. Kids under 5 parents usually stay.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    God no no bubbles!!!! Didn't you read my comment on the party bag thread?!!! I hate them 😂.

But no really when I invite kid over its to play with my kids so when I say bring nothing I mean it. I don't go overboard with food at all. And yes if you want to stay and have a cup of tea (or wine if it's the end of the day) then perfect. Kids under 5 parents usually stay.
    Eeeep no I didn't read that! Lol.

What kind of person hates bubbles, anyway? 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Eeeep no I didn't read that! Lol.

What kind of person hates bubbles, anyway? 😜
    The kind of person whose kids come home and despite knowing they can't open the container / hold the wand / blow the bubble insist of doing it themselves only to get the mix over everything.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (08-03-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (09-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (08-03-2016),wobbleyhorse  (09-03-2016),~Marigold~  (08-03-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The kind of person whose kids come home and despite knowing they can't open the container / hold the wand / blow the bubble insist of doing it themselves only to get the mix over everything.
    Yep, I am happy to join the bubble grinch club. Horrible things.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (08-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I knew @SSecret Squirrel was a secret bubble hater!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (09-03-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yes, that. I have a 3 year old, I do understand, haha. I guess bubbles are good "in theory" 😉

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-03-2016),Sonja  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If someone tells me not to bring anything then I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh yes, that. I have a 3 year old, I do understand, haha. I guess bubbles are good "in theory" 😉
    OMG and the tears when it all goes tits up and the mixture is in a puddle at their feet. The tears 😱😱.

I'd start a change.org petition against those $1 bubble wands if I had the energy. The landfill!!!!

Rant over. Hate 'em.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-03-2016),~Marigold~  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG and the tears when it all goes tits up and the mixture is in a puddle at their feet. The tears 😱😱.

I'd start a change.org petition against those $1 bubble wands if I had the energy. The landfill!!!!

Rant over. Hate 'em.
    As my 10yo would say "I have a life hack to solve this problem". Take two long cable ties and attach the giant bubble wand to a post...no more spills and every time you get a new one tip the bubble mix in the one attached to the post... problem solvered?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (09-03-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast