+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hpv and link to miscarriage?

Hi everyone just looking to see if anyone out there has any stories about their own personal experience I had hoc about 10 years ago it came up on a routine Pap smear I had a colposcopy then crysurgery to remove the precancerous cells I have had normal Pap smears ever since I am. Now ttc I had a miscarriage last week and due for my routine smear next week a lot of the research I've done has said I should still be able to conceive just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    Hi everyone just looking to see if anyone out there has any stories about their own personal experience I had hoc about 10 years ago it came up on a routine Pap smear I had a colposcopy then crysurgery to remove the precancerous cells I have had normal Pap smears ever since I am. Now ttc I had a miscarriage last week and due for my routine smear next week a lot of the research I've done has said I should still be able to conceive just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Thanks
    I has a significant area of precancerous cells identified in earl 2012. I had a lletz to remove the area and have had normal papa and 1 more colposcopy since then. In early 2013 I conceived my DS with no difficulties and first attempt TTC. No issues during pregnancy but I can't comment on delivery as I had c-section. I have just this week had an early miscarriage with #2. I doubt it's related as I had no issues with the first but I happened just the same.
    I was warned on gyno that it might take me longer to conceive but in both cases it happened first try so obviously it hasn't affected me in that way.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pre cancerous cells removed about 6 years ago. Ive had 1 baby go to term and 8 m/c. Ive had numerous discussions with doctors about this and all of them have said it may only contribute to cervical incompetence. Im not sure how true this is as i havent t4ad any studies on it. I believe my m/c are related to mthfr mutation. Also the only pregnancy ive had issues with my cervix was my full term one. All my others it was perfect length. I had a loss at 18 weeks that they thought was cervical incompetence but it was actually a placental abruption so not related. Would be interesting to hear what other doctors say as i had another m/c 4 weeks ago at 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have reoccurring pre cancerous cells from almost 18 years ago. I was clear for quite some time until last year when I had stage 3 just before we were ready to start trying. We had to delay it for a year.

I've had a total of three procedures to remove the cells and have never been advised of it causing miscarriage, even in my most recent experience.

I was advised that due to the amount of procedures I have had, my cervix could have shortened so would be checked in early pregnancy, which it was. Thankfully it was a good length. If it wasn't I may have needed a cerclage (stitch in cervix) to keep my cervix closed during pregnancy.

I'm not aware of any correlation between the two but best to ask a medical professional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a few areas removed bh lletz for cin 2 cin3 cells that has left cervix badly affected. We conceived dd with.nil.issues. prior to current pregnancy I had a chem followed by early mc straight after, I wouldn't link previous hpv to these I would link more likely with the stress of fil dying

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

vikster  (03-05-2016)