+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default USQ or CQU

I'm currently testing the waters and are enrolled at USQ for secondary teaching, I had changed my preferences at last minute- originally I was going to go with CQU. I thinking I may have made the wrong choice. I have the option to go to CQU but means I can't study until semester 2, although not a huge issue.
    Its external.

Does anyone have experience with either? Not sure if I should stay or go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm studying externally at USQ and so far so good. I liked they had a semester 3 on offer so I could get through subjects faster.
    I don't have experience at CQU.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Funny you should post this, I withdrew from my USQ study today with the intention of doing sem2 at CQU.
    I have found the USQ interface hard to navigate and follow, plus they won't give credit for study done more than 5 years ago where most UNi's honour it for 10 years.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Funny you should post this, I withdrew from my USQ study today with the intention of doing sem2 at CQU.
    I have found the USQ interface hard to navigate and follow, plus they won't give credit for study done more than 5 years ago where most UNi's honour it for 10 years.
    I just had credit accepted for two Masters courses I did in 2007.

I do find their learning management system annoying though too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes this is what I found. I'm pretty good with computers but found it all over the place and hard to navigate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I just had credit accepted for two Masters courses I did in 2007.

I do find their learning management system annoying though too.
    Bum. I'm glad you got it, I got a flat out No when I followed up my credit application.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bum. I'm glad you got it, I got a flat out No when I followed up my credit application.
    Did they give a reason. ?
    So strange as i know someone who works there too and she told me 10 years. I thought it was 7 for some reason and wasn't going to apply. I got it approved last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Did they give a reason. ?
    So strange as i know someone who works there too and she told me 10 years. I thought it was 7 for some reason and wasn't going to apply. I got it approved last week.
    The reason was it was more than 5 years! I completed my studies in 2007 too. I work at a different uni, and we say 10 years, as does CQU, so I just thanked them and said I would try elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh.
    That seems really inconsistent doesn't it.
    Frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support at USQ

Hi Nicolier

We’re excited that you’ve decided to start your study journey with us at USQ in Semester 1 and would like the opportunity to talk to you about your experience so far and support you to be able to continue your studies with us.
    As Queensland’s No.1 provider of online study we’re proud to offer students the flexibility to study whenever and wherever they prefer. As with anything new, the online study interfaces can seem a little foreign at first, but we have a range of support available to help you settle in as a new student and to support you the entire way through your studies.

As a USQ student you’re supported by your very own Student Relationship Officer (SRO) who is there to provide guidance, information and assistance with any element of your study journey and also to direct you to our other support services if needed. If you’re feeling uncertain about your study with us, we suggest contacting your SRO to discuss your experience and options (http://www.usq.edu.au/current-students/support/meet-sro).

It’s great to have you on board Nicolier and we wish you all the best with your studies.

Kind Regards,
    The USQ Team