+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We tend to go to the (Perth) Show after lunch (say 1-2pm) and stay til after the fireworks. I explain to the kid what a rip - off show bags are, they can buy double the junk at the shop for half the price! I usually allow $10-15/kid for bags of their choice. 2-3 rides each. I tell them well in advance that they will need to save/earn money for the show and they usually take a bit of their own $. We do all the free exhibits an animals, the kids love them still.
    Food - usually take some snacks (apples etc) but generally find plenty of free samples. We buy dinner and eat while watching the arena shows $10/person). I never buy drinks and carry/refill water. Each kid has to carry a backpack - I'm not a packhorse! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Sydney's Royal Easter show

The last day of the show is half price for kids but you risk some showbags not being available.

You can buy $10 meal deals already. http://www.eastershow.com.au/link/87...21a4473e5.aspx

I think you can take your own food in as well.

Buy the ride tickets online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg I won a family pass through a radio station!!!! Yippee!! I haven't told the kids yet as dd is at dancing. They will be sooooo excited!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

amyd  (15-03-2016),binnielici  (15-03-2016),Carpe diem 2013  (15-03-2016),Hollywood  (15-03-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (15-03-2016),M'LadyEm  (16-03-2016),misho  (15-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sydney's Royal Easter show

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Omg I won a family pass through a radio station!!!! Yippee!! I haven't told the kids yet as dd is at dancing. They will be sooooo excited!
    That's awesome @CMF!!! You and the kids will have an awesome time!
    That has honestly put a smile on my face yippee!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CMF  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Absolutely delighted for you! Really happy something good has come your way

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

CMF  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to ask this in the forum, but if we buy the easter show tickets online, does it mean we have to wait for them to be delivered to our door (by post?) or does it have the option to keep them as paperless tickets (i thought that would include the train/bus tickets) if it's paperless how can I get thru the station gates ? I'm about to buy the twilight tickets for today, and got so confused that it's mentioning postage method . If it's not paperless, then there's no point buying it online, cause it'll never reach us till Tues/Wed then

It also says I could purchase from selected woolworths stores, but the website says the one in my area is the selected "Food For Less" shop and that store has closed its doors since 2 years ago. There's a woolies in my local Westfield (not sure if that means the Food For Less listed in the website).

For anyone who's been to the show after 4PM - can you tell me whether it's worth it to go after that time? We are going to casually stroll there and are not planning to do anything specific. I know I'll probably miss some of the animal shows, etc but would still be OK if there's any animal shows opened at 4PM even if we only catch a glimpse of it. And probably just buy a couple of show bags for DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bunnymum i bought our entry tickets and ride coupons online, you just print them out.
    We were at the show from 9am to 5.30pm, there's definitely still lots of stuff to do after 4pm. Have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @My Beloved Ones, Thanks! But we don't have a printer unfortunately!
    Seems like we have to get to the Syd Olympic Park using our own Opal cards and purchase the tickets at the ticketing booth there. I hope that still works out OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sure that would be fine too.
    If you purchased tickets online and you have a smartphone, they may be able to scan the barcode from your screen too.
    Enjoy it, its so much fun! The atmosphere at night would be pretty awesome too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought tickets there. When I went it wasn't too busy and price not much different from online.