+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do church on Friday, then will take the kids for an easter egg hunt with the local playgroup.

Saturday will be as normal, then Sunday is Church again and a family meal together. I love the ideas of winter jammies for the kids each year, that's a really sweet tradition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Easter Sunday the egg day?? Sorry being Wiccan Easter is celebrated in spring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is Easter Sunday the egg day?? Sorry being Wiccan Easter is celebrated in spring
    How is Easter celebrated by Wiccans out of interest?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are Jewish. Usually it falls around the same time as Passover (since that was Jesus' last supper) so my family do Passover dinner and we do lunch with the in laws and an egg hunt on Easter Sunday.

This year Passover isn't until April so we will just have a quiet weekend and do an egg hunt with the cousins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Easter is very special to us.

On holy Thursday after church make a huge batch of hot cross buns for Friday. Then on Friday between church services I get the kids to make coloured boiled eggs.

Saturday we do Easter craft.

Sunday morning we have breakfast with the family. We eat the coloured boiled eggs made the previous day. Then Everyone gets winter pajamas and a book each. The Easter Bunny will leave the kids a library bag each this year with one small chocolate egg each.

Then it's church. Then home to a big family lunch. Our family gives up meat, sweet treats and alcohol for lent so I try and cook everyone's favourite meals. Then we spend the afternoon being silly and playing games.

Easter Monday we visit family.
    Your easter sounds awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have promised the kids we will take them to the easter show. Not sure which day.
    I hope dh will take the kids to the church services. I am non religious but dh is Catholic and the kids go to a catholic school so I think they would really enjoy going to a service at their school church.
    I will also be hiding some easter eggs around the house for the kids to find. Dd still talks about the funny places where the Easter Bunny hid eggs from 2 years ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Good Friday is church although this year we have been asked to be the church and have someone over for a meal instead.
    Saturday is a family day with me and the kids do meets after he finished work.
    Sunday everyone get a zip lock bag with their eggs in. Than church and home to roast meal with family. Than a afternoon of board games.
    Monday is a family day.