+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do my religious side on Good Friday and Easter Saturday night, so Sunday and Monday are free for family catch-ups. Everyone is busy and now family are a bit more scattered, it is hard to make only one occasion, so we go from house to house. It is still fun for us and the kids, grandkids are not too disrupted. Easter is much simpler and more relaxed than Christmas. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

I'm already into the hot cross buns, no point waiting
    I have eaten far too many and need to stop!!! Normally i dont get them until right at easter time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live away from all our family so before DD it was a normal day and I would generally work.

This year we have friends coming down to stay with us and DD is starting to understand more so I am excited for the egg hunt.

Good Friday we will have a Seafood BBQ and many margaritas. The kids will probably do some outdoor painting and craft.

Saturday we are going out on the boat and maybe a swim if it's warm enough.

Saturday night we will go to the local sculpture exhibition. It's amazing, local artists make sculptures from junk basically.

Easter Sunday we will have an egg hunt for the kids followed by lazy day hanging around the lake / park / house depending on what the weather is like.

Also copious amounts of chocolate, Nutella, cake and ice cream will be consumed. I have so many desserts I want to make!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We're not religious, so to us it's a good opportunity to get yard work done and will usually have lunch with my family on Easter Sunday (which will involve an egg hunt for the kids) and a meal with hubby's family at some stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We r religious so I go to church on Friday and Sunday at a minimum.

Sunday should be visiting both sets of ILs but we've been away for 2 years, so will see what happens this year.

I don't really enjoy going from one house to another. In past years we had also gone away on holidays. I actually really can't stand going to ILs house for celebrations but I guess this year I'll have to suck it up.

Fwiw I hate buying & receiving Easter eggs. We get kilos of them and it's just a waste. So OTT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How do you spend Easter Sunday?

Easter isn't a big deal in our family, Easter Sunday we will have a small egg hunt and probably mum and dad will come over for breakfast - we only buy eggs for our own kids so DS will probably get 1 from us and we get 1 for each other and that's it - Easter is all about the Easter show ! (But we never go on the public holidays)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll have an egg hunt in the morning, then probably go the the ILs at some point during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just a long weekend for us. DS2 is 3 and obviously quite capable of being excited about the Easter bunny etc... But we will hold off a while longer so he currently has no clue and there won't be any more chocolate than usual.

I sound like the Easter grinch lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes we are at home and the kids have Easter egg hunts and we do Easter crafts, other times we might go away for the week or weekend, or spend it with family having a BBQ or something..

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's no big deal here ( I'm atheist) a bit of an egg hunt round the house for DS. Maybe lunch with the in laws if they're not away. My family live overseas.