+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG that sounds amazing!

Hurry up 4 weeks!

The lady I got for my 8 week scan was really nice. My DF kept asking her 20 thousand questions and she kept laughing, hope I get her again

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also had a lovely lady at our 8 week scan. I walked in yesterday and this guy immediately said, so you had a small bleed before, I said not that I know of! He assured me they don't share it if it's not a concern so not to worry it's probably all fine. I felt annoyed because it's my body and I deserve to know so I'll ask my GP about it because she should have told me. I have heard they're not meant to share much with you except heart beat and what they're checking and measuring. It's like having an X-ray, they don't say anything there, they're just operating the machines and a radiologist has a proper look at your scans. I have a GP appointment today because there was confusion about downs screening. I asked her if I had to do the blood test (cause it's $100) or if they could just check on the scan and then let me know if there's any concern to look further into and she said that's ok. But at the scan he was weird with me and said she has misinformed me because they don't do that anymore, you need to do the basic blood test too so they can give an accurate risk assessment. So hoping it's not too late and I can do it today or Monday. Wasn't really concerned about it but my husband would feel more at ease just to know. Taking him with me so he can also hear what she says. So much info to take it, it's overwhelming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will be fine. Your at the 12 week mark so you have passed the danger zone. From here on in the baby is just growing.
    The main part is that you take it easy and slow. Don't strain yourself with anything and don't stress

I got told the blood tests don't stop either, because they have to constantly check your blood sugar levels so you don't get gestational diabetes. But I say, it's better to get checked and if you ever feel uncomfortable or worried go to doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, it's so hard not to worry. Great news is that I had a good GP visit, she said scan showed everything is great! They said no immediate concern for downs based on scan but they always recommend doing bloods for a more accurate risk assessment and it has to be done before 13 weeks but it's our choice. So I'll just go on Monday and then it's done. GP apologised for not calling to reassure me after the radiologist called her, because she was seeing me today anyway. Also asked her about the bleed at 8 week scan and she read back on the notes and said oh that was so slight and nothing unusual and absolutely fine, not even worth mentioning otherwise she would have. Think it's just this silly sonographer who was so impersonal and vague with us that got me doubting everything. I have so much love for this little angel of ours already I just want everything to be ok 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the most important opinion, your GP's, because they have seen all different situations before and know exactly what's wrong and what's going well.

I am dying to pass these next few weeks!

I keep thinking to myself OMG I have a beautiful baby that we have made, inside me, growing peacefully, the most precious gift that you could ever receive in your life time. That's why I take such good care of myself and be careful with myself and also tell that to others because it's such an amazing experience to go through (and we aren't even half way yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @cbeg, how are things going? How long to go until your scan? I have my first hospital appointment today, looking forward to getting more info on what lies ahead! I started to show quite early so already in my maternity jeans cause just couldn't handle being uncomfortable anymore! It's quite a good feeling to be able to just let your tummy stick out and not feel like you have to suck it in 😂 Started a class last week to get a bit of exercise now that I have more energy and it's been great.

Update me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrzVX,
    Already had my 11 week scan early cause I had a NIPT test which checks for Down syndrome, gender etc. and everything was great. Very low risk for all and also we having a boy! So excited!
    Scan showed that everything is good - heart beating at 169bpm. It's so overwhelming and beautiful.
    I'm not even up to you yet and I'm already in my maternity jeans (Danni Minogue target brand is sooooo comfortable).
    I feel my clothes are getting tight and being a size 8 I feel it very tight now.
    My next appointment will beat the hospital and also a scan and blood test so that's at 18 weeks.
    Tell me more about you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amazing! That's so exciting, now to start thinking of names 😊 We're not going to find out, so have been narrowing down the list for boys and girls.

Feeling good, not as tired anymore. Saw the midwife yesterday and she was great, because I'm doing shared care she has booked me in for only 2 obstetric appointments at the hospital and she has given me the same doctor for both which is great. Next scan is in 5weeks, can't wait to see our little one again! Heard the heart beat yesterday through a Doppler which was so cool.

Otherwise starting to plan what we need to buy, family visits etc. All moving so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! So exciting!

I got a Doppler as well - tried at 10 weeks but couldn't hear much - might try again over the weekend.

Yeh I'm thinking of names as well but it's so hard!

I'm still a bit tired but not as tired as I was before.

Nausea comes and goes but still can't eat certain foods - like vegetables - which sucks

Let me know how your appointments, scans etc. goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also forgot to say if your into organic, natural products - I'm a little obsessed check out a website called natures child