+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so great to hear, hang in there the carb and salt phase will pass! I'm doing so well thanks, holiday was amazing! So relaxing. I'm 11w today and just counting down til our 12w scan next week to see all is going well and to be able to share the news finally. No more nausea for me luckily, just exhausted and bloated! Feel like I'm slowly starting to see a slight roundness to my tummy and just look different in general.

You'll love that first scan, it's amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear. a good holiday is needed every now and then.
    I'm bloated as well and not sure if it's my tummy showing already or not but I swear I look a few months into it lol
    The tiredness gets to me as well.

I really can't wait until Monday, now that you say that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everywhere I read it says most first time mothers don't show until 12-16w but your uterus starts growing immediately. If at 11w my baby is the size of a lime, my uterus must be more than double that and it's filled with fluid! Most of my bump is probably bloating but the reason the bloating looks so prominent is because there's no room for it in my pelvis and I can definitely see a swelling in my lower pelvic area. Something unusual I noticed is when I laugh, there's no movement in my lower abdomen, it's like it's completely relaxed, but my muscles move just under my ribs πŸ˜‚

Anyway, I'm a bit nervous just wanting to know everything is still fine, the next week is going to go so slowly!! I think a few people at work are getting suspicious haha, one lady came to me today with this weirdly big grin on her face and said "you're looking so well, I mean really really well". She also noticed when I didn't look well a few weeks ago so maybe she's caught on but is doing a great job at respecting my privacy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah that's probably the reason for the bloating... Makes sense

I feel like it's taking months for me to have my first scan. At least you know your all okay.

I'm just taking it soooo easy like not lifting anything heavy, except my work bag which would probably weigh around 6kg lol, not stretching my abdomen, eating very healthy and avoiding everything I can't have.

I just want the 12 weeks to be over so I can relax a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsVZ hope your well

So just thought I would update you, had my first scan yesterday. I'm 8 weeks 4 days. Everything is going good and looks normal. When I saw the heart beat I had tears to my eyes, like you said most amazing experience.

Next scan at 12 weeks, NT scan.

How did you go with yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay such great news! It is incredible! I am counting down the days, just 2 more to go, scan is on Friday morning 😊 Starting to show properly this week and getting some sideways glances from people at work so can't wait to tell them haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would be excited I'm excited for you . Until Friday I would just saying I'm getting fat lol eating to much

I must admit my nausea has settled a bit but when I think of eating certain foods I feel nauseous, do you get or did you get similar symptoms?

Plus I get lower uterus/abdomen pain, it's like a stretching pain but not painful or very sharp at all just uncomfortable... So weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That all sounds so normal! From week 8-9 and a little in week 10 I couldn't handle anything rich, or any meat. All I felt like eatin was cheese toasties and noodles. Sort of like a hangover when you're hungry but the thought of eating makes you feel sick.
    I also had that pulling feeling, there's so much stretching and growing going on so it's completely normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh excellent, it's good to know it's all normal and just as I say the nausea is going, it's still there! But I have red and also been told that nausea means the pregnancy is going good. (Most horrible feeling though). I think my fiancΓ© is sick of me saying "I'm sick" all the time, but it's true lol.

I find to, when I eat to much in one go I get nausea and then when I eat little by little it's okay, so it's good to know along the process you find ways that help you, plus ginger is very good for nausea as well.

Let me know how you go tomorrow, can't wait to hear πŸ€—

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan was amazing! Little one was wiggling all over the place, it was so cute! It even had its legs crossed at some point. Couldn't believe how much movement there was, didn't expect that at all. Sonographer was a guy who wasn't exactly the most compassionate person, but I've heard they don't say much to you because they're not allowed to. It was a very emotional thing though, quite overwhelming. I just wanted to watch him/her all day! 😊