+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question TTC: Newbie TTC

Hi Guys,

I am new here. (Thanking you for your time in advance for the help and responses)

Myself and my fiance are TTC. I had blood tests done, ultrasounds (for another matter) and everything came back saying that I am healthy and my body is ready to conceive. I was on the contraceptive pill for about 5 years. My fiance is healthy too, socially smokes, but not as much any more, which is a slow but stable battle to make him quit completely. Also I have started talking Elevit for about 2 weeks now.

I am wishing to get advice from anyone and everyone in regards to what helped you in the conceiving process i.e. eating habits, herbal teas etc.

I know this may sound like a repetitive post but there are some answers I can not find.

Thank you.

CB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya

Welcome!

So glad to hear your body is happy and healthy.

We conceived our son on cycle #4. I did absolutely nothing, never read a forum, never researched anything. We just had lots of sex from CD9 (cycle day) to CD17. Now, what I can tell you is that we were REALLY lucky, so let's hope it's the same for you. We tried for 3 months last year (no luck took a break) and have just started again. This time I have used Ovia and Fertility Friend apps to track my cycle which has been great. I recommend you get an app to help predict when you ovulate. At the very least you need to understand ovulation and pay attention to your cervical mucus (CM), The stretchy stuff like egg white is the stuff that indicates that you are most fertile and that ovulation is imminent. You could also get some OPK's (ovulation predictor kits) which test for lutenizing hormone which rises just before you O. The good ones are expensive through. Some people also take their temps but I reckon it's just confusing and thermometers are unreliable (just my opinion).

Other than that, just relax and enjoy it as much as you can. I am telling you now, it's normal to not want to do it everyday. I HAVE to tonight because I'm O'ing! (I think) and am kinda dreading it. But it's normal to feel that way.

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi WinterJade,

I am glad to hear that you do not have to be a crazy women to do all things to conceive. I know there are vital steps you should take, e.g. taking vitamins before, during and after pregnancy etc. etc.

I have downloaded an app called Clue, (it is very good, look into it). Very sleek, simple not complicated. It asks for your last AF and then calculates your fertile window even PMS.

We have been having intercourse everyday since my last CD and probably haven't for 3 days since (yes I am counting, lol, well the app helps me keep track as you can literally record anything and everything).

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate your time.

P.S. Have fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I wouldn't rely on ovulation prediction dates unless you have 100% cycle lengths every month.
    I am a BBT (Basal Body Temperature) chart supporter this month was my first month charting and it happened to be the month I ovulated a week late. Had I of not known this I would of probably missed the fertile window.. Over a series of months you should pick up a pattern to your cycles which gives you a better understanding of your body. You will need to purchase a digital thermometer with two decimals ie; 37.20 - you can pick them up cheap on eBay or at a chemist.
    I was using clue but fertility friend I find so much better - more specific than clue.
    Wish you all the best TTC and they are only my opinions. In time after you try a few things you'll find something you like doing best X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to buterfly For This Useful Post:

cbeg  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I have heard and read of the BBT.

Was going to give it a try. I have already passed my O and my AF is due in roughly 14 days, but in next months cycle I will look into the suggestions given. That's the only way you find out what's right for you

Thank you

CB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Well your post pretty much sums up me and my husband. We're ttc #1 and I'm currently in my 2ww for cycle #2.

I wanted to take a casual approach to TTC but then decided I don't want to get 6 months down the line and wish I had done more because I will be 30 this year. So decided to start charting. I was diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroidism 5 years ago, which I think contributes to my slightly irregular cycles but seeing an endocrinologist to ensure it doesn't affect ttc and I get very clear ovulation signs so don't think this will be a problem.

First month was a bit of a flop for us, my husband was super stressed at work and wasn't in the mood around ovulation time so we wrote it off as a practise month 😊 This cycle was a little better timing but still feel we could be doing more. It's the one thing we can control about the whole process but it's just really hard to not make it feel like a chore.

My question is, do we really increase our chances by doing it every day for a week or is that more if you're unsure of when you ovulate? I've tried doing things to get my husband into the mood but he just giggles cause it's so unlike me! Weekends are fine because we're relaxed, unfortunately I have been ovulating during the week so we need to figure out a way to make it happen.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsVZ,

Good to know there are couples out there that in the same boat.

It so hard especially when you are TTC#1 because you do not know what the symptoms are and when you read up about it there is SOO much information that it boggles your mind, but is very helpful at the same time.

Regarding BBT I found this chart,
    (http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/pdf...t_blank-AU.pdf)
    which I have printed off and am going to start on my next C as I am in my pre-AF stage and I would rather start fresh when all thats over.

Please let me know all your progressions

Have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoon buterfly,

Thank you for your post on my thread.

I have downloaded fertility friend, much more in depth than clue.

I have just got my AF, but I am thinking it may be because my body is trying to get itself back into a normal routine, post me being on the contraceptive pill.

Only being TTC for a month, since my last AF which was on the 22/2/16.

My point to this message, is there a way of transferring my information from clue to fertility friend? As in clue it has all my data saved for almost a month...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message.

P.S. I am a little upset I did not fall pregnant, but I guess every women going through the TTC stages goes through this, well I hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeg View Post
    Afternoon buterfly,

Thank you for your post on my thread.

I have downloaded fertility friend, much more in depth than clue.

I have just got my AF, but I am thinking it may be because my body is trying to get itself back into a normal routine, post me being on the contraceptive pill.

Only being TTC for a month, since my last AF which was on the 22/2/16.

My point to this message, is there a way of transferring my information from clue to fertility friend? As in clue it has all my data saved for almost a month...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message.

P.S. I am a little upset I did not fall pregnant, but I guess every women going through the TTC stages goes through this, well I hope
    Unfortunately I'd say you'd have to write it all down and put it all into FF app manually.
    Good luck next cycle! XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by buterfly View Post
    Unfortunately I'd say you'd have to write it all down and put it all into FF app manually.
    Good luck next cycle! XX
    That's all good. Had a feeling I would of had to do that

Thank you. Guess every month missed, it puts more luck and hope into the next xx 😊