Closed Thread
Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Gavin also said that a lack of implantation could be because embie didn't like the thawing process and became weak or the embie didn't like the uterine environment (for whatever reason) or that the embie was not placed appropriately at the right location during the transfer. So it could be a number of factors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 you're welcome hun. I'd say if your embies are not surviving till day 5, then there could potentially be some issue with your embies?? However, Braverman is not pro PGD and says that it discounts normal embies as well. But I'm still going for PGD this cycle as well as I don't want to take any chances.

Yes Gavin can be like that, he lacks emotional intelligence and is very to the point, but knows his stuff about NKC etc. I stopped expecting him to be emotionally savvy and life was good after that
    I'm 35 and I've never consulted Dr M. I never suspected immune issues until the last unsuccessful transfer which didn't implant. So far all the doctors told us that we have 'unexplained miscarriages' and if we tried enough times, one will stick. But we just didn't want to go through all that pain again and again (my miscarriages are usually long and very painful, I always end up in emergency). Then Gavin suggested immune testing with Braverman as he was partnering up with Braverman - we were the first patients to go for Braverman's testing via Gavin. Since then, we've moved to Melbourne and I stared my cycle with Monash (Dr Nick Lolatgis). The whole protocol is provided by Braverman, the FS here only writes the scripts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my trigger is tomorrow and I found out today that I have only 5 decent size follicles so today wasn't a good day for me. This is when I am on a higher dose of Gonal F as compared to last cycle. I'm hoping there will be some good quality eggs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 I haven't tried anything other than Gonal F. Last cycle I was on Gonal f 350 and just Orgalutran. I got 11 eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 made it to day 5 and sent for PGD and both came back as healthy.
    This time I'm on Gonal f 400, Luveris 75, Neupogen (as per Braverman's protocol for egg quality) and Orgalutran. This has so far resulted in only 5 good size follicles at day 12.
    You can contact Braverman via the below link, he offers a free 15 minute consult. He is based in the US. Alternatively, you can contact Dr Sacks' office and they can provide you info regarding the immune testing.
    https://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Contact-Us.aspx

PM me if you need contact details of Sacks' clinic and want to ask anything about Braverman's fees etc. His consult is US$300 so I'd say make full use of the Skype consult and have specific questions ready for him. He also runs a forum on his website where you can post questions. He is extremely prompt in replying. All the best hun.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Hey Hun, how come you had two FS' working together? Did Dr Gee engage Dr Reid because he's specialty is endo?

I'm seeing Dr Gee in a couple of weeks as a new FS as I did not like Fertility First FS Dr Anne Clark. She was terrible!!

I liked Dr Reid, but I felt he wasn't well versed on the best protocols to use for older women.. He was the one that suggested the laprascopy and NKC biopsy, but I think I'll wait for my appointment with Dr M as he will know exactly what to test for after he gets my blood test results.

Were you successful with Dr Gee??
    im not entirely sure, she just said to me that they work together on Mondays. I think that she assists him, maybe she is learning a thing or two off him hehe. Dr Gee is absolutely lovely. I feel like she's extremely intelligent and knowledgeable on all things IVF and the fact that she is responsive and open to using dr M's treatments is the cherry on top. I think you'll like her a lot. I saw dr Lok as originally we were told we had male factor infertility and just didn't really gel with him but love Gee so I think it's important to have that connection with your FS!

We we haven't done a cycle with her yet, just doing the prep and might do a stim cycle next month. I have done one FET however (transfer of one hatching blast) last year using dr m's protocol and had a BFN (just in intralipids, steroids and clexane) but this time he's throwing in a lot more like LIT, Nupogen, intralipids, Dex, clexane etc) so we'll see how it goes. Good luck with your dr m appointment, can't wait to hear how it goes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eveclo For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    That is one of the reasons they suggested PGD for us as the abnormal embryos can implant and miscarry at any stage.
    This
    Can be many reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have sperm issues? Pingu?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am also an ex Dr S patient and he has also made me cry. I am surprised he is working with Dr Braverman as in my last consult he basically told me I was wasting my money with Dr M. Dr S also did a NK cells biopsy and then proceeded to tell me that the results weren't reliable as I was on the pill. I was like wtf why did we test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Apart from 13% DNA damage, no other sperm issues..

I read that if it fragments on day 3, that's an egg quality issue... I know when cells split they tend to fragment, and I know it's common, but I'm now wondering if it's as common as they say.. Did you grow any of yours to day 5 and notice fragmentation on day 3?
    All day 5
    And no fragmentation

Also perfect sperm (******* lol)

I personally dont belive in 3 day transfers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pop over here to the new thread thanks.