Closed Thread
Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I am booking my trip over for end of month to have biopsy. G has offered the biopsy with or without general anaesthetic which has put the fear up me. Please can someone let me know exactly what this entails, I am heading over to Sydney with no support person as my hubby has to look after our son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikate View Post
    Hi ladies. I am booking my trip over for end of month to have biopsy. G has offered the biopsy with or without general anaesthetic which has put the fear up me. Please can someone let me know exactly what this entails, I am heading over to Sydney with no support person as my hubby has to look after our son.
    Is it a biopsy for NKCs? If so, I had this a few times in obstetricians room, no anesthetic and you could only feel it for 10secs. I just took nurofen plus an hour before, but I don't think it did anything as I also had one without Nurofen. Once I had slight cramping after for about 15mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it also without
    All over in 10seconds

Like a papsmear just a little more of a pinch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks yeah it's for the NKC testing. That is such a relief, when I got offered the general I thought it must have been a bigger deal than what I had in my head. Thanks again for the reassurance ladies! Feel like I am navigating this blind!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiwikate For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (03-08-2016),Miss Sagi  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've just seen dr m with results from my blood tests. Everything was normal except for the NKC's. I'm booked in for biopsy at the day clinic on 22nd August. I've read that some of you have been able to have the biopsy without any anaesthetic. I'd like to do that but doctors have always had trouble getting through my cervix so I've always had sedation with ET's.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what the likely timeframe is between the biopsy and having a FET? I've had to put off a FET for like the past 5 months and am eager to get into it again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #8

I had an endo scratch (exactly same as biopsy) on cycle day 4 so my successful fet was very soon after. My fs said that the latest research showed that this might work better than previously held beliefs to have it on cycle day 21 (or something like that) and then get a period in between biopsy and fet.
    Also, I found that there was absolutely no need for painkillers or sedation. You might want them though if you've had trouble before. I think some of it comes down to who's performing the procedure too.
    Last edited by BB77; 02-08-2016 at 06:34.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm that's interesting @BB77 that you had it on day 4. It would make more sense wouldn't it then having it on day 21 before the transfer. Which clinic was that with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It worked. She had me worried too cos when I googled (grr Google), there was no info about cd4. I was with genea. Loved them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might ask mine about doing it day 4. I'm with ivf Australia. Genea wanted to charge me $1000 for overseas monitoring. I only needed one scan and one blood test plus $200 to write scripts. Rip off! So far ivf Australia haven't charged me a cent thank god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, that's a lot! I remember they weren't cheap but the place is run like a well oiled machine. Almost robotic in their efficiency. I've heard good things about ivf Australia.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Lastchance75  (02-08-2016)