Closed Thread
Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I've read it and can't believe most FSs in Aus still don't believe in immune issues. I actually gave my book to my FS, he did believe in the issues but had no clue about treatment. Its just not their specialty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissSagi. You have twins right? Can I ask if they expect the immune response to be stronger in multiples making it higher risk or requiring more medication?
    I have one nearly 4 year old boy and have always wanted 3+ kids, after 2.5 years of infertility and 4 miscarriages I have my heart set on conceiving twins then 'shutting up shop'. I'm just nervous that twins are higher risk - esp with my recurrent miscarriages.
    I just really can't wait until this phase of my life is over and I am looking back on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read it but am keen too. Your right it's really disappointing we have to investigate our own issues. I know if I didn't do that I wouldn't know half the things I do. Not that it's helped me much so far but one last shot so here's hoping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having my first LIT with Dr M next Friday. Bit nervous.

Question re Neupogen price. DH asked at chemist warehouse how much and they said around $850. I looked on their website cause seemed cheap from what I have read here. I note on the website that price is if you have a government authority. Do we get this for our treatment or it is not eligible for government authority?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikate View Post
    @MissSagi. You have twins right? Can I ask if they expect the immune response to be stronger in multiples making it higher risk or requiring more medication?
    I have one nearly 4 year old boy and have always wanted 3+ kids, after 2.5 years of infertility and 4 miscarriages I have my heart set on conceiving twins then 'shutting up shop'. I'm just nervous that twins are higher risk - esp with my recurrent miscarriages.
    I just really can't wait until this phase of my life is over and I am looking back on it.
    I'm not really sure. I was on doses of medication for my immune issues not because I was having twins. I would think the only risk is what all women have with twins, medically being riskier, but thats why you would be monitored more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    I haven't read it but am keen too. Your right it's really disappointing we have to investigate our own issues. I know if I didn't do that I wouldn't know half the things I do. Not that it's helped me much so far but one last shot so here's hoping.
    Persistance and determination got me my twins so keep your head up.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (17-07-2016),Lastchance75  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Debant View Post

Question re Neupogen price. DH asked at chemist warehouse how much and they said around $850. I looked on their website cause seemed cheap from what I have read here. I note on the website that price is if you have a government authority. Do we get this for our treatment or it is not eligible for government authority?
    The govt authority is only for patients with cancer so we can't get it. Double check that it comes in 10 vials. When I was shopping around Chemist Wharehouse didn't have it in 10 vials, I think it came in 1 vial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikate View Post
    Some say that if you have a partial dq alpha match with hubby you should only transfer one embryo at a time in case one matches and the other doesn't. You'd effectively be "wasting" the non matching embryo, if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #8

Hi All...hope you are all traveling ok and happy it's Friday night. Got my results back from Dr M and have the MTHFR mutation and mild NKC in the blood (haven't had uterine biopsy done with Dr M but did acouple years back through my ivf clinic and results showed that my uterine NKC levels were high). Everything else came back negative.

So Dr M has recommended prednisone, clexane and possibly intralippids and ivig when the time comes and we start ivf again.

I have been reading on here about HLA matches and checked back over the blood tests he ordered and this wasn't one of them?? I feel I should have this done also as I don't want to do this immune treatment and put my heart and soul into this again if HLA matching could be an issue also....

So my question is, is the HLA test the same as the karotype test I have had done previously or is it another different one??

Sorry for the long post....
    T.
    Last edited by Teej17; 15-07-2016 at 21:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Debant View Post

Don't be afraid. I have had 3 LIT treatments and they are fine. Like an elastic flicking your forearm over and over. It gets a bit itchy after but for me thats really it.
    I pay $950 for my Neupogen from my compounding chemist, they order it in for me. Must be in vials as some sell it already in prefilled syringes. No authority though.

I am doing my first IVIG treatment tomorrow. I am sure it will be similar to intralipids but I have to come in an hour earlier. Hopefully that means I get to leave earlier too!
    Last edited by Olive79; 15-07-2016 at 22:24.