Closed Thread
Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    My cycle's not gone as planned and they want to do EPU Sat, which was when I was planning to do intralipids! So, I could either do intralipids after the EPU or just hope I have something to freeze and not bother with fresh transfer? Ugh!!

Has anyone had intralipids same day as EPU and how did you go? Wondering if will be too much on me psychologically and physically or if ok? And will it be of any use of only 5 days out - I've read from others here 7-10 days out is when needs to be done.

My other two cycles were clock work and good follies (20), this one just 6 and early EPU so I'm a bit all over the place. My FSH was super high at 23 so that's a worry too I'm 41.5 now.
    I would do both on the same day. You shoukd be fine to do so. I went to a wedding after one of my EPUs and a work conference on another. Intralipids are relaxing, so you can just hang in your bed read or watch TV.
    Usually get in by 2pm then doc gets to you puts in canular then nurses hook up drip for 1 hour. Dr M comes in around 5 hooks up intralipids. Then about 5 hours later nurses put in flush drip 30mins and then off you go. They give you fenergan which is drowsy so if you drive yourself home tell them and they will give it to you to take home. But if you have EPU on same day I do not recommend you drive.
    Good luck for Sat...sounds like it will be a big day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys just want to ask how much is the intralipids through Dr. Matthias and is he find to do intralipids with other clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you take antibiotics prior to transfer?

Hi all, I had my first intralipids yesterday and during it Dr M have me a script for an antibiotic to start today and take for seven days during transfer. Has anyone else taken this?
    I'm loathe to take antibiotics for the sake of it as have been working on gut health issues for years.
    But I will because that's what we do for our potential bub!!

And just confirming do I start clexane prior to transfer (now?) or day of transfer ? Thanks lovelies and hope all is going smoothly...
    Last edited by ange1111; 22-05-2016 at 10:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did he find an infection?

I have heard of it and the couple of people i know who have done it jad successful cycles after many many fails

Its been usually as ab infection has been found in uterus tissue/lining

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am currently taking an antibiotic prior to my transfer so it is common. I don't have an infection but I think it's just for precaution. I start clexane day of transfer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    Did he find an infection
    No he just said as an extra precaution as there could be a possible infection during transfer!

Funny enough though I get a heap of tests done this week including another pap just to be sure no infections - won't get results til just before transfer.

Thanks for your support @Velvet16 and @Lastchance75

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ange1111 I was given antibiotics via iv drip when I had both my transfers, fs said it was to avoid infection because I was on steroids

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby16 View Post

@Majeen don't forget to see if your health fund will refund you some $$ for your pessaries- mine did, not a whole heap, but every little bit counts on this baby making journey!
    What health fund are you with? Mine doesn't seem to pay for any scripts/meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    What health fund are you with? Mine doesn't seem to pay for any scripts/meds.
    It comes down to the level of cover you have with most (some wont cover at all)

But you need a relatively high cover to get meds

Going by research i did.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI gals, sorry for all my questions!! I know @Olive79 put her list up recently on what to take when...but when I had my intralipids yesterday I asked again, and quickly forgot the answers Dr M gave me, and now Im confused..

Notes I wrote from original consult say - start progesterone pessaries and cleaxane injections AFTER transfer. But I've read past posts and some say start prior....

PS I found the iintralipid infusion made my arm quite sore (freaked me out a little actually) as it was so cold going in. They did bring around a small pack to keep it warm but luckily we had a hot water bottle and my guy kept filling that up for me. Placing it over the blanket on top of the arm just above where the canular goes in really helped! Also ask them to warm the room up as that helps warm the liquid (its room temperature going into a 37 degree body so it makes sense that it felt uncomfortable). I think Ive turned into a wuss after all the bloody injections we give ourselves!!