Closed Thread
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Oh yeah and for SA and NT IVF peeps... In case anyone was wondering, repromed will do intralipid treatment and also prescribe the same Meds as Dr M.
    Just make sure they'll do the same dosages as Dr M as many FS's prescribe smaller doses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Just make sure they'll do the same dosages as Dr M as many FS's prescribe smaller doses.
    Dr M does different dosages for each patient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that is true, but FSs usually only prescribe low doses and most us with immune issues need higher doses as his treatment plan is quite aggressive. Ask how many mls intralipids they do as most only do 200mls but Dr M does 500mls. It's the same with Pred, FSs will do 10 or 15mg but generally Dr M does higher doses like 20 or 25mg.

What I'm trying to say is whichatever doses Dr M prescribes for you, make sure Repromed do the same. :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart thank you for your info! I was never put on asprin for any real reason really. I heard that it helps blood flow to the uterus so i mentioned it to my Dr here and he said sure try it. So now reading what you have said i am really questioning whether i should be on it. I will definitely ring Dr M tomorrow and get Gwenyth to talk to him for me. Its interesting what you wrote about the bruising with the clexane. My bruising was very bad last transfer and i was in baby asprin and clexane. Im teying to rack my brains anout whther i had asprin the cycle beforw that too. I dont think i did. So there may be a connection there. So are you saying your blood was too thin? Im only on 100mg but maybe its too much with the asprin and the clexane. I will be on 40mg clexane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @PreciousHeart thank you for your info! I was never put on asprin for any real reason really. I heard that it helps blood flow to the uterus so i mentioned it to my Dr here and he said sure try it. So now reading what you have said i am really questioning whether i should be on it. I will definitely ring Dr M tomorrow and get Gwenyth to talk to him for me. Its interesting what you wrote about the bruising with the clexane. My bruising was very bad last transfer and i was in baby asprin and clexane. Im teying to rack my brains anout whther i had asprin the cycle beforw that too. I dont think i did. So there may be a connection there. So are you saying your blood was too thin? Im only on 100mg but maybe its too much with the asprin and the clexane. I will be on 40mg clexane.
    Hi! yes I thought my blood was too thin after only a week on 100mg aspirin and with the very first clexane shot, huge bruise almost all over my tummy... then the clexane puncture wounds just kept oozing and splitting open and bleeding through my clothes, it was scary and horrible. I called Dr Nick and said, what if I have an accident, bash my head or something... and he said "just don't have an accident" Gee thanks, great advice. What if I bashed my head and I hemorrhaged in my brain?! I did a lot of googling and I just couldn't see how not clotting was good for implantation as it's completely unnatural... took it into my own hands and it worked out ok!

Maybe just stop it a week before transfer if you want to use it for blood flow to uterus purposes??? Being on the clexane is good! not sure why I'm on 60, I had 4 blasts fail with Dr M (prior to using zoladex for adenomyosis) so I think that's why he put it up for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Apples, I'm pretty sure DR M does 500ml for everyone, I've never known of anyone getting less, anyone prove me wrong? From what I know, he says anything less is not enough but I do know people getting 100 or 200 from IVFA with Sacks are often getting pregnant... only know that from The Infusion Clinic in Randwick where I had some IVIG this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, just remember aspirin and clexane do different things to the blood. Aspirin thins the blood whereas clexane stops blood from clotting.
    Also, I gave myself clexane injections by pointing the needle at an angle upwards (45deg.) with the flat bit at the point facing up. It reduced the bruising considerably.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Throughout my pregnancy I was on 60mg clexane, I think because I had 2 copies of MTHFR and high ANA. I was still on clexane when I had to have a c section for prem birth (34wks). When I told ob this he checked with anesthesiologist who said its fine as long as I stopped 12 - 18hrs prior to surgery, so I was fine as I had 2 days notice on c section.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just going to put it out there that I am so annoyed that Dr Matthias office don't use an answering machine! What is wrong with them!!!?!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lea7 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (19-04-2016),Apples1234  (19-04-2016),ECM1981  (19-04-2016),PreciousHeart  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Yes that is true, but FSs usually only prescribe low doses and most us with immune issues need higher doses as his treatment plan is quite aggressive. Ask how many mls intralipids they do as most only do 200mls but Dr M does 500mls. It's the same with Pred, FSs will do 10 or 15mg but generally Dr M does higher doses like 20 or 25mg.

What I'm trying to say is whichatever doses Dr M prescribes for you, make sure Repromed do the same. :-)
    Ok I've taken note of this and will push for it. Thanks xx