+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Current work place selling to someone else

When your work place sells up and a new company has bought, is the new company obligated to keep our current pay scale or can they use theirs which by searching is less per hour than what we currently get by a couple of dollars which will affect many of us on a budget.

We will be moving over to new company in 3 months time if all goes to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Current work place selling to someone else

Are you or anyone else in the union? Contact them ASAP.

I have a little experience with this. Our facilty was taken over several years ago. We kept our current arrangements but all new staff were on the new pay scale.

Another facility nearby tried to cut wages and entitlements under a new contract when changing owners, the nurses association or hsu (can't remember) took it to fair work commission and the staff kept their current entitlements as well, after a fight. (Eta: turns out it was the same management using a different name, sneaky).

Good luck with it! Changing owners is a pita, our job is hard enough without getting paid less as well.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 07-03-2016 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends. Where I work recently got bought out. Everything including the staff was bought. We were advised our pay and all of our benefits remain the same. So... depends on what was signed would be my guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we were sold everything remained the same. Except they're now wielding a very large axe and chopping everyone

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Speak with your payroll person, or your union. Most places are required to maintain all the pay scales and the workers entitlements, re super, sick leave, and long service leave. There should be a clause for changing owners, and the new owners should be obliged to not disadvantage employees. I would not wait and see what happens, but I would act now, and check out the details. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All our leave etc will be transferred over thankfully but will also take some getting used to because its different pay days to our current one so will have to try and put some money away to make up for less money on our first pay from new company. But hard to do that though when I am saving for other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    When we were sold everything remained the same. Except they're now wielding a very large axe and chopping everyone
    Yup this is what happened at my work. I think the only reason I didn't get chopped was because I was on mat leave and forgotten about! 80% of the office is now gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yup this is what happened at my work. I think the only reason I didn't get chopped was because I was on mat leave and forgotten about! 80% of the office is now gone.
    Maybe that will happen with me hehehe...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup. They do have to keep the status quo, Google transfer of business or check out the fair work website

Thanks
    Reviews
    Print out any important emails stored or forward them onto your home address. I was on mat leave and lost everything when they changed emails