+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know so much, I was pretty settled until my little one came along, then the bigger picture kicked in. But nothing has to be forever. Australia isnt for everyone, not everyone is fleeing a dreadful life in the UK, just a case of different strokes for different folks. I like the sun, sand and ocean. Camping, picnics & BBQ's minus the rain. It's a big deal for me.
    I'm having an awful time with my internet connection tonight. I hear it can be pretty sketchy in tvl too? I need to ensure I move somewhere with good internet. Wouldn't have this issue in UK lol

We haven't secured a rental yet, I was looking at Douglas, now Idalia. I don't want to be out in the sticks.. I like bushland beach but it's important to be on a good bus route, and one that doesn't take an hour into the CBD! I drive so getting to and from work isn't an issue but we have an aupair joining us in May and I don't want her to be cut off. Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not my uk life was awesome. Ive not been to the beach yet! Not my thing. Its too hot here tho iv never seen anyone on the beach. Maybe when it cools down? Umm... im in kalynda i think its also known as bohle and the internet is pretty much non existent in the other half to us. I think most established areas are pretty good tho. Im not too familiar with tvl yet it all looks the same and each small area seems to have its own mini centre so the cbd doesnt feature all that much. There is no bus service here i think most of the new suburbs are off the bus route but there are bus stops so we might get one! If youre looking at a particular area i can ask for feedback from the defense partners fb group they alwayd have plenty to say i can just screen shot you any info i get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your partner in Defence Force? I don't think your missing out on the beach around tvl anyway, can't swim for crocs & jellyfish. From what I saw around the strand & bushy, the beaches weren't that appealing compared to everywhere else I've been. But I'm looking forward to being within driving distance of Cairns & Airlie Beach. Beats being stuck in the burbs or city for me.
    According to the qld transport/ sunbus website there are buses tuning in/ out Bohle Plains.. good to have insider information cos if I was to go with what I find online I could find us stranded.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time aged 35 from the UK

Wrong thread hahaha
    Last edited by Papillon; 09-03-2016 at 15:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha thought you were a nutter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could well be a nutter.
    But that was related to the international women's day feminism stuff that I'm so over hearing about