+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Q about overseas treatment and drugs

To those who have undertaken treatment in other countries, and you brought back a substantial amount of meds in your luggage, how do you go getting it all through customs? Do they make it difficult, or do they not really care because it's just hormones? I'm (hopefully) doing an donor FET in Czech in a couple of weeks, and I'm under the impression that they are going to give me enough oestrogen and progesterone while I'm there to hypothetically get me through to 12 weeks. Is that going to be tricky to bring back in my luggage? Do I need to get the clinic to write an explanation letter for customs as to why I'm carrying so many HRT drugs? Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I travelled from Sth Africa last year with all my meds after IVF, the clinic provided me with a letter stating that I needed to carry them including the syringes for a medical condition. I carried it all in my carry on luggage within Sth Africa, Singapore and Australia with nobody even questioning me about it. Get the letter from your clinic stating all the medication you are carrying and you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @landi68, that's quite reassuring. Did you actually declare the drugs when passing through Australian customs? DH said that we are supposed to. I will ask my coordinator at the clinic if they can provide the letter for me when I rock up for my transfer.