+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Hugs @amiricle4me. Even if it wasn't intended to hurt your feelings it still stings.

I stay off Facebook for that very reason. Happy in my ignorant little hole, unaware of the things I'm not being invited to.

I understand how you feel, but please don't throw away a group of friends on the basis of one missed invite xxx
    This is one of the reasons I'm not on Facebook. Id rather not know.

Hugs feeling excluded hurts - doesn't matter if it's reasonable or not. Hope you feel better soon xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-03-2016),TheGooch  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be a bit bummed at the exclusion. I would assume the wife wasn't that into me and my husband (even if that's not the case, I would still make that conclusion).

I would not let this sour the friendship with the other friends in the social circle, however I would be a bit put off this couple after this little instance.

I would never ask why I wasn't invited though. I'm a pretty proud person and wouldn't want them to know it bothered me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a bit disappointing but I wonder if it's to do with the number and "mix" of friends rather than you personally? We have several groups of different friends from different locations and backgrounds, mostly due to both DH and I having moved around a lot over the years and also both of us having big career changes at different points in our lives. This has resulted in a pretty big, diverse group of mates. We tend to often have the dilemma of whom to invite to significant events such as birthdays as it can be a case of "if we invite xyz friends, then we also have to invite these other ones too". Also for us it's about the mix, who would get along, and who has kids, or lives close by, etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be disappointed over stuff like this. If you're in the same circle of friends and you're the only one excluded that sux.

In the past when things like this have happened to me (my bff's 'forgot' to invite me to a concert), I'd let it get to me.

Now, I just do something even more fabulous. Then they end up asking 'oh how come u never told me about it?? What was it like??' Etc etc, and that's my payback. Ive even had them then try to copy my fabulous day and that's my greatest satisfaction! What's that saying...?.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Anyways OP, don't let it bother you, find something you and your DH love and do it together!xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

I definitely won't stop being in the group as its just one couple and I know the other people who got invited are our true friends. I guess you live and learn. I have a lot of friends all over the world and I called my college friend from the UK today and had such a lovely chat that the furrow in my brow completely went and I felt right again. It's good to focus on who does care over who doesn't.

I agree tho with Facebook. I came off it prior to starting IVF as it was all too painful and only came back on again for the long 3am feeds. Well, now DD is 8mths long her feeds are 5 mins and Facebook is taking up valuable time with her so I've come off again. Feel instantly better.

Really appreciate all the support ladies. 😘

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    It's a bit disappointing but I wonder if it's to do with the number and "mix" of friends rather than you personally? We have several groups of different friends from different locations and backgrounds, mostly due to both DH and I having moved around a lot over the years and also both of us having big career changes at different points in our lives. This has resulted in a pretty big, diverse group of mates. We tend to often have the dilemma of whom to invite to significant events such as birthdays as it can be a case of "if we invite xyz friends, then we also have to invite these other ones too". Also for us it's about the mix, who would get along, and who has kids, or lives close by, etc.
    Thank you but there was no one there I didn't know as we are all mutual friends. Half the attendees were the same people I hang out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WWYD - excluded from 'friends' social event?

I have this happen to me all the time. Even at work when I "accidentally" walked into the dish room at the wrong time and the other girls there were organising dinner and a movie. I quickly got invited but declined 😕. I find now I don't have a circle of friends so to speak and just go out with hubby and the kids. I got over the rejection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    I have this happen to me all the time. Even at work when I "accidentally" walked into the dish room at the wrong time and the other girls there were organising dinner and a movie. I quickly got invited but declined 😕. I find now I don't have a circle of friends so to speak and just go out with hubby and the kids. I got over the rejection
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I've also had it at work where at lunch two colleagues let slip there was a get together a few weeks back and I never knew about it. I just don't know why people do it. Sure there are annoying people or shy people or boring people but if they are NICE then it's polite to be nice too and invite them along. I dunno. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I've also had it at work where at lunch two colleagues let slip there was a get together a few weeks back and I never knew about it. I just don't know why people do it. Sure there are annoying people or shy people or boring people but if they are NICE then it's polite to be nice too and invite them along. I dunno. Maybe my expectations are too high.
    I was in a tea room of 4 women where 1 loudly invited another to her Tupperware party. Even when one of the other girls said "oh I have some things I want to order" she was handed a catalogue and not invited.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I was in a tea room of 4 women where 1 loudly invited another to her Tupperware party. Even when one of the other girls said "oh I have some things I want to order" she was handed a catalogue and not invited.
    Seriously what is with people. You know what - I am (in my own humble opinion lol) a genuinely nice down to earth person. I genuinely care about people. I am not materialistic. I don't care what car you drive, where you live, what you wear, if your nails are done, if you wear make-up, what job you have (if any), etc etc. I'm positive and helpful but not overbearing I have boundaries and value privacy. Im the kind of friend who will make you dinner and drop it off on your doorstep if you're sick (I did this today in fact). I don't ask or expect much from anyone. Except kindness and being genuine. Two things that are free yet so hard to find so I'm finding that increasingly I'm just letting people go from my life as I don't want to expend my nice energy on people that aren't nice. People that are hung up on appearances, dismissive, selfish and mean. It surprises me how many people are mean and I just wonder if they ever stop to think how they would feel to be treated the way they treat others.
    Sorry op to derail just some of these posts made me really sad.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (07-03-2016),Redcorset  (07-03-2016),sunnyflower  (07-03-2016),SuperGranny  (08-03-2016)