+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As another mum who goes OTT with birthdays, I know how much time and effort goes into it. I say enjoy the smile on your DD's face and all the other happy little faces on the day and the cuddles and gratitude at the end of the party. Because that's why you put so much effort into it. All the other BS is irrelevant! Have a great time organising your party!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (06-03-2016),Elijahs Mum  (06-03-2016),HollyGolightly81  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry in the slightest, unless my child was hurt by the friends comment, then I would seek to clarify.

A little off topic, would you consider someone getting a party planner for a 2 year olds bday OTT? Then boasting about it on FB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    As another mum who goes OTT with birthdays, I know how much time and effort goes into it. I say enjoy the smile on your DD's face and all the other happy little faces on the day and the cuddles and gratitude at the end of the party. Because that's why you put so much effort into it. All the other BS is irrelevant! Have a great time organising your party!
    This - the pre school mums used to joke that after my DS parties their kids complained that they want the same thing and blamed me for giving them more work to do but it was all in fun so I suppose it could be lost in translation via the kids so i wouldn't worry about it all all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, i would take it as a compliment, invite your DD's friend, and have a great time organising your DD's party. Your parties sound wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    A little off topic, would you consider someone getting a party planner for a 2 year olds bday OTT? Then boasting about it on FB?
    I had to read this twice to make sure I got it right 😂
    I would say it is OTT, to me all the stuff I do to prep for a party, can take weeks and weeks the kids see it coming together, some ideas work wonderfully while others are more hit or miss, but that's the point- they see the effort I put in for their special day, it makes it more special and even if it isn't perfect they still love it and in their eyes it couldn't be better because mum did it. It's not about putting on a show or showing off.
    So for me a party planner defies the purpose! I wonder what happens for a 16/18/21st if you use a party planner for a second bday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I wouldn't worry in the slightest, unless my child was hurt by the friends comment, then I would seek to clarify.

Like pp I think hiring a party planner takes all the fun out of doing it all yourself so no I wouldn't boast about hiring someone else to plan your parties - I have heaps of Italian friends whose christenings are as big as a normal persons wedding ( wedding reception centre, outfits, cakes, photographers ect) so nothing surprises me much anymore!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It could be any number of things that have prompted this.

If this mum actually said this, it could come from a place of being unable to provide the same level of venue and decoration so she doesn't want her children to have expectations that she can't meet, the mother her self may feel anxious attending a venue that is a bit fancy and out of her comfort zone. Please don't get too offended. And also the messages you are getting might have been twisted a little on the way to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully it was said in a tongue in cheek way and the child has just repeated her words out of context.