+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG not rising - how long till mc?

I got BFP on Tuesday which was 9dpo. Bloods done the same day and HCG was 86. Next day HCG was 87. GP sent me to ob straight away and he ordered more bloods. HCG on Friday at 12dpo was 93. Ob said mc is most likely but has concerns for ectopic so I'm having more bloods on Wednesday and Friday this week before another appointment.
    Has anyone experienced this or similar and how long after the stagnant HCG results did you experience the miscarriage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Sorry you're going through this. You'll probably see falling HCG in the next week, it can vary though. Goes down slower than up. Be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi so sorry about what's happening at the moment. I can relate to your situation. About seven months ago we got my BFP but my HCG levels were low at 460 for 6weeks.
    I was referred to the early pregnancy clinic and was treated for an etopic pregnancy. I opted to be treated conservatively as my levels had already started to fall. It took another week before I bled and it was heavy at first then eased to a light period lasting about 5-6 days in total.

Is there any chance your HCG could keep rising it sounded like it was an early test at 9DPO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've just gone through a similar thing. BFP 8dp3dt (so about 11dpo). I miscarried naturally at 7 weeks. It was a long couple of weeks with my slow rising hCG to work out what was going on. I had a scan to check location (knew by that point viability wasn't going to be an issue) to make sure it wasn't ectopic. I started miscarrying that night. I will have more bloods done next week to check my hCG is dropping. It was already dropping the morning after the miscarriage started. I was expecting more bleeding than what I had, but I basically had 2.5 days of feeling like absolute crap with horrible cramps and bleeding and it's almost all stopped now and I've been feeling pretty normal since yesterday around lunchtime. Hopefully your experience is similar in that when it happens, it happens quickly without issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hostie girl View Post
    Hi so sorry about what's happening at the moment. I can relate to your situation. About seven months ago we got my BFP but my HCG levels were low at 460 for 6weeks.
    I was referred to the early pregnancy clinic and was treated for an etopic pregnancy. I opted to be treated conservatively as my levels had already started to fall. It took another week before I bled and it was heavy at first then eased to a light period lasting about 5-6 days in total.

Is there any chance your HCG could keep rising it sounded like it was an early test at 9DPO.
    Thanks @hostie. Sorry for your loss too. It was an early test but the ob has said there's about a 1% chance this this pregnancy will continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I've just gone through a similar thing. BFP 8dp3dt (so about 11dpo). I miscarried naturally at 7 weeks. It was a long couple of weeks with my slow rising hCG to work out what was going on. I had a scan to check location (knew by that point viability wasn't going to be an issue) to make sure it wasn't ectopic. I started miscarrying that night. I will have more bloods done next week to check my hCG is dropping. It was already dropping the morning after the miscarriage started. I was expecting more bleeding than what I had, but I basically had 2.5 days of feeling like absolute crap with horrible cramps and bleeding and it's almost all stopped now and I've been feeling pretty normal since yesterday around lunchtime. Hopefully your experience is similar in that when it happens, it happens quickly without issue.
    Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss @M'LadyEm. Your situation is exactly what I am dreading unfortunately. It's terribly difficult already knowing i am pregnant and feeling pregnant but also knowing I won't be getting a baby. I am hoping it will be over and done sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: miscarriage seems to have started this afternoon