+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have two in the house we rent - one in the main living area and one in the main bedroom.

I feel like it's enough for this small single storey 3 bedder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We live in the tropics. We have one very old Box one, that is dying
    It's in the main bedroom. We rarely use it. It's to expensive. When we do put mattress on the floor for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a ducted Evap cooler. It generally works alright. The water pump went out today so it's was pumping out air that was hotter than the room temp (42) so I am glad DH and our neighbour fixed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We live in the tropics 4 upstairs and in the newly built downstairs we have 1 with plans to get them installed in the bedrooms eventually when kids want to move down there. Air- cons are part of the package when you live ip here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I don't feel so greedy now!! I learnt about the tear drop setting recently too, and was using that until the unit started to leak inside the house! Now I have to get it fixed... or just replace it, they are all so old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One in the main living area. It was here when we moved in, we didn't install it. I can't imagine we'll use it much...probably only on 40 degree days.
    Our last house had one in the main living area and we never used it...not once. When we sold the house the new owner asked if it worked and I had to tell him we had no idea as we had never turned it on.
    We live close enough to the beach to get a sea breeze, and if it's a bit warm I'd prefer to be a bit warm than to run the a/c...we hate a/c air.
    If I lived inland I'd probably use a/c more...but I grew up inland and hated when my parent's got ducted a/c. It just made the house freezing and it sucked. Funnily enough, when my parent's moved out of that house 10 years later they never bothered with getting a/c.
    Last edited by Full House; 06-03-2016 at 06:58.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One in the lounge which is a dinosaur and crap. We've used it maybe 10 times this summer. We've got a ceiling fan in our bedroom which is effective and get a nice breeze most nights so just open the windows a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a ducted Evap with 2 vents. One in the living area and 1 in the hallway. We also use ceiling fans (aren't great with 12ft ceilings) and pedestal fans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a split system in our main living area that was already installed when we bought the house, and we installed ducted evap throughout the whole house. The Evap is good most of the time as I'm in Perth and we mainly get a dry heat here. We barely use the split now unless it's a stinking hot humid day. At night we tend not to use aircon but will often use the fan setting which is enough as we don't have ceiling fans in our house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ducted evaporative + ducted heating. 6 ducts...one in the lounge, one in each bedroom (3), 2 in the kitchen. DP installed it, so it was about $1200 all up ($500 for second hand system off a house being demolished, plus additional parts etc.).
    Love it. Wouldn't work in the tropics though.