Who are you with? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who are you with?

My health fund is going up from $89 a fortnight to $110 as of 1 April. So I'm tossing up whether to pay for a year upfront or change funds. We currently have obstetrics with a $500 excess with Australian Unity and I can't seem to find any that are cheaper. So I'd love to hear who everyone is with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bupa, medium level hospital cover and no extras. $230 per month for a family. Insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not looking forward to finding out how much mine is going up, we already pay $290/month but that is for top hosp (no extras). Will be dropping to basic or medium after this baby is born.

Can you go through iselect to find a cheaper fund then negotiate with your current fund?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We have top everything but might cut it back after my husband has surgery on his back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

BUPA top hospital and silver extras, was already $189 a fortnight but I don't know new payment but will be reassessing and dropping probably hospital cover down from the top but then knowing my luck I'll need it, I think 2015 was the first year I didn't go to hospital!

It's crazy how much faster than inflation and in turn wages these policies are going up!
    Last edited by ICanDream; 04-03-2016 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We're with BUPA. Platinum extras and hospital cover with $250 excess

Our monthly premium is going up to $415 a month. I'm furious and going to change to HBF next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Forgot to add we are with teachers' health. Sometimes it annoys me the amount we pay but can't get it cheaper anywhere else as it's exclusive to the education community and a non-profit organisation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Nica80  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With Latrobe. Top hospital no extras (reviewed and over last 5 years we had never even come close to recouping extras charges - apparently usual for most policies). Pay annually in advance for tax benefit and to avoid annual price hike. Latrobe is MUCH MUCH cheaper than Bupa/HCF/NIB/Medibank. They have being fine with 2 private hospital births at our choice of private hospital/obstetrician plus a few other procedures in the private system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xyz987 For This Useful Post:

Nica80  (07-03-2016)