+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    So I just got my Coles online order. Delivery man was really nice and everything I ordered was there. The meat looks ok but has a really close expire date like in 2 -3 days time. I froze most of it straight away. Im getting a big fruit and veg box during the week from a different company so I will see how that goes.
    After my first experience, next time I'm going to add a comment beside all perishable items (meat and dairy) requesting that they have a best before date of x or later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shop for all my groceries online, except for fruit and veg - I tried that a few times, but it just wasn't fresh enough.

I definitely buy meat online. In fact, I find that one of the best things about online grocery shopping! I pay for the quantity I order, but they can never give me the exact amount, so I always get some extra for free! For the last few weeks, I've ordered 350g of salmon, and they've brought 400g, which is like it being on special.

It is definitely quicker than going to the store - I have my usual list of things all set up, and can do a grocery shop in 30 mins. I couldn't get to the store and back and buy everything in that time. I also like that I can start putting things on my shopping list as I think of it, then just save my incomplete order, so I don't forget things. I'm never going back to store shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found the service to be pretty good except for ordering fruit and veg. I'm quite picky and like to see the quality before buying, eg if I want snow peas but they don't look too good I just go without. Like PP said, often you get extra meat because they can't get the weight right and just give you extra 😋

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get a fruit and veg box delivered every week, do a woollies online order, that I collect, and go to the butcher once a fortnight. I also go to the farmers market for extra fruit and veg most weeks. I buy hardly any fresh food from the supermarket, so it is mainly just pantry stuff/ cleaning / nappies. I spend twice as much if I go into the supermarket, so it definitely works better for me to do it online.