+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

I will take a look do you happen to know the stats for the oz clinics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't I'm afraid, I was more comfortable with an anonymous donor, and also after 6 OE cycles I didn't have the time to wait (due to my age) for the possibility of maybe getting an oz donor one day, so I went straight to the Greek option recommended by my FS at that time (my DH is Greek). @MrsErinR did the same I think in terms of process but selected SA instead of Greece - did you look at the Monash stats first Erin? I imagine for young donor eggs their stats would be on par with the OS clinics - it's just a matter of getting the holy grail ie young available eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here I am my Intro

I don't know the stats for DE here. If you look at their websites it might be there, or you could call and ask I guess.

Like @Vixjc said, it's probably on par with OS for young donors.

We didn't spend too much time looking into local donors or local success rates. I'm very tall and I wanted to choose a donor who was also tall and hopefully with similar colouring to me. I didn't want to wait for a donor here only to feel uncomfortable that they were short or looked very different to me. My sister offered to donate but we didn't feel comfortable with that as she doesn't have a family of her own yet and she was also nearly 35 at the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry ladies can you please send both the names of the clinics you used just trying to do some research, also how many 'goes' did it take and do you get to see a pic of the donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and whats (my DH is Greek).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    sorry ladies can you please send both the names of the clinics you used just trying to do some research, also how many 'goes' did it take and do you get to see a pic of the donor?
    I used Serum IVF in Athens. Embryoland is also very popular but I haven't been there. I got pregnant on my first go at Serum. Greek law is very strict about anonymity so you don't get to see photos, the clinic selects the donor for you and tells you about her. So it's important to trust your clinic! You select your own donor in SA and can see childhood photos I think but MrsErinR can explain better than me ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and whats (my DH is Greek).
    'DH' is Bubhub lingo for 'dear husband' so I was saying that my husband is Greek, hence our partiality to a Greek donor ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cape fertility clinic (CFC). You can request an info pack via their website.

I was very lucky to get pregnant first time, both times I've been.

We chose the donor ourselves and we saw childhood photos of our donor only. That is standard there. None of the egg donor agencies show adult photos. The clinic can provide advice and support in selecting a donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I'm new to this.. I am looking at doing an IVF cycle using my own eggs in Greece. I'm thinking of starting the meds here and arriving in Greece a few days before egg collection day. Can anyone recommend a FS here in Melb that will work with me and with Embryoland who I have chosen in Greece. I'm not happy with my current FS as I am always having to chase her for results and she seems really unreliable. Any suggestion would be very helpful! Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vasa001 View Post
    Hi all I'm new to this.. I am looking at doing an IVF cycle using my own eggs in Greece. I'm thinking of starting the meds here and arriving in Greece a few days before egg collection day. Can anyone recommend a FS here in Melb that will work with me and with Embryoland who I have chosen in Greece. I'm not happy with my current FS as I am always having to chase her for results and she seems really unreliable. Any suggestion would be very helpful! Thank you in advance
    I have found Dr Anne Poliness to be helpful, responsive and lovely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast