+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default School Recommendations

DS is due to start prep in 2018 and I'm trying decide what school to send him to . At this stage, he will probably just do kindy at the long day care centre that he attends.

Does anyone have any experience with Wishart State School, John Paul College, Redeemer Lutheran College or Citipointe Christian College?

Any insights would be appreciated. Suggestions for other schools also appreciated. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of those schools have a great reputation and I know people with kids at each who are extremely happy with them. My kids go to one in the ssme area (Calvary Christian College) and we love it. I have another starting Prep in 2018 as well and he will be starting at the schools Pre-prep next year.

We love the close knit community feel of the school and the fact they use the Primary Years Program (IB program) has been fantastic for my boys.

The Springwood Campus is a Pre-prep to yr 6 Campus and then the school provides a free intercampus coach to take the older kids to the bigger campus at Carbrook for Middle and Senior school. My eldest started year 7 this year and has been using this service.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

Amber4304  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beljane View Post
    All of those schools have a great reputation and I know people with kids at each who are extremely happy with them. My kids go to one in the ssme area (Calvary Christian College) and we love it. I have another starting Prep in 2018 as well and he will be starting at the schools Pre-prep next year.

We love the close knit community feel of the school and the fact they use the Primary Years Program (IB program) has been fantastic for my boys.

The Springwood Campus is a Pre-prep to yr 6 Campus and then the school provides a free intercampus coach to take the older kids to the bigger campus at Carbrook for Middle and Senior school. My eldest started year 7 this year and has been using this service.
    Great school. But I'm biased. I used to teach there.

OP redeemer is also a wonderful school.
    The others are also good. I don't know much about Wishart though. If you aren't seeking a Christian school then JPC is probably a better option.
    You'll only know if you go in and get a 'feel' from the place.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Amber4304  (03-03-2016),Beljane  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to see some schools in the next couple of weeks so hopefully it'll be clearer then.