+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Member here!

Hi all,

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me.
    I have one daughter who is very loved. She had a rough start to life I went into labour and during the early stages i went in to hospital as it didnt feel right thank goodness I did as during every contraction her heart beat dropped.
    I ended up having an emergency CS. When she was born I unfortunatly didnt get that normal experience all mums hope for and get to hold their beautiful child she got taken away because she had meconium aspiration if you dont know what that is it is when the baby swollows their poop while in the womb. She ended up being transferred to the royal womens hospital in melbourne while i was left in sunshine hospital. Her father and i got a phone call the following night saying we both needed to go to the hospital right away to say goodbye obviously i was in a panic and so afraid as a year before this i had a miscarriage. When we finally got to the royal womens i finally got to see my baby girl and the doctor said she has improved since they had called us and she is a fighter but they need to keep a close eye on her. She was in NICU for 3 weeks then moved to werribee mercy for 5 days. They said due to the process and everything she went through during birth and her time in NICU there was a high chance of her having a disability and possibly having a heart problem. At that point I didn't care because my daughter was alive. Now at 19 months she has passed all her follow up tests she is progressing just as well as other children her age and the doctors are very pleased and shocked that it hasnt affected her. So everyday I look at my little girl I believe in miracles because she is mine.

Now about me as mentioned earlier I was pregnant once before my daughter but i misscarried which i didnt handle that well but eventually learnt to deal with the pain and hurt, I work from home. I am in the process of buying a bigger home then the one we currently own as there just isnt enough room for us all and we are planning on trying to concieve for another child.

{link removed by moderator}
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 03-03-2016 at 08:56.