+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Because Genea is expensive for a cycle. We got the doctor to get the Genea lab to do a "trial IMSI analysis" ie. Analyse the sperm under IMSI to see if it was worthwhile or not. That's when we heard back we had 1% clinical usable. So that is why we dropped the donor avenue and pursued with my husband at Genea. I am so glad we did that now.

while we were there the embryos were developing well enough that we got them to do PGD testing (cost a little more) but enabled them to identify the embryos that were 100% normal for chromosomes. And that has been so reassuring whilst being pregnant to know that. It also eliminates the pain, agony and time of the main cause of miscarriage.

Using frozen embryos rather than fresh is a better thing where possible as the female body is not pumped up on ridiculous amounts of hormones and recovering from egg collections etc. this helps considerably for implantation.

I also recommend that all females get tested for immunology issues prior to having an embryo transferred. It's a few blood tests. But. Honestly if you have issues in this area, then it wouldn't matter if you put the best embryo in the world in, your body will ruin it for you. And there are simple medications that can pretty much eliminate immunology issues. (Dr Matthias reproductive immunology - sydney) you could do a phone appt, get bloods sent etc if you live in QLD.

I also recommend doing what ever you can to help implantation. And some things we did were, Accupincture and endometrial scratching.

Sorry to bombard with info, but after 14 cycles I feel like I want to save as many people as possible from the crap we went through and the time wasted for us in figuring these very useful measures out, which have now resulted in pregnancy.

And lastly, (this should of been first) giving yourself the best shot at getting good eggs and as any as possible, as it is a numbers game especially with male infertility issues. You need lots of eggs to be there in hope that the one good sperm that may exist being used.

helping male sperm as bad as it may be be better, can be achieved with vitamin regimes and lifestyle choices.. Especially No alcohol for men with infertility issues if can take away what little possibility there may be.

For females vitamins were crucial also and We also found that Accupuncture assisted blood flow to uterus which helped with eggs.

The drugs that the fertility doctors prescribe can also make a huuuuuuge difference. Be strong don't let them give you low amounts and play it safe bull****.. I honestly feel that is the way of ensuring they get another round of IVF $$$$ from you. The worst thing that can happen is you will over stimulate. Yes that is bad, not the end of the world. And most IVF clinics don't charge you if the cycle is cancelled for medical reasons. And over stimulation is a medical reason. But if you do ivf and only get a few eggs more miracles are required than if have several eggs when dealing with male infertility. (Numbers game!!)

Proganova prior to cycle helped enable even growth on the eggs so that we could yield maximum eggs in the catchment range. (Eg. No Proganova = 3 eggs but when we used Proganova we ended up with 12)

In addition to the standard drugs they administer , we insisted for growth hormones and Luveris. This cocktail led to pregnancy for us. If you are a younger woman probably not needed as much. But if your mid 30plus, it can not hurt.

All the best

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lea7 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the info! Definitely not an overload, I can't read enough on it all!!

I don't know of anywhere that offers IMSI up here in Qld which is a shame.

We've decided to try a bulk bill clinic bbivf first just to test the waters I guess. The FS there made it clear that they don't offer low dose hormones like some other low cost clinics. They also only do FET. So a couple of positives based on your advice. Their support is very minimal and a lot of process is done of site. We will lodge our paperwork next week and I believe it will take 6-8 weeks from there to start hormone treatment.

I'm 27 and DH is 41. He has had a failed vasectomy reversal so in theory in think our case is straight forward enough.

We were originally booked with Wazza up here so we are both taking his recommended supplements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear I totally understand we did many cycles through public hospital due to cost there's no way we could of afforded 14 rounds in private. It's so expensive.i walked past a clinic we went to for 2 cycles today. And felt like crying at the fact I spent $10k there with zero benefit...
    Good luck mate I really mean it! Keep me posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Lea7, do you mind saying how old you are? We have MFI also, and although I'm 41, I get a good egg haul around 13-15 at EPU. We've done icsi but haven't ended up with great results. I often feel that if DP's sperm was better maybe we'd just get over the line
    @Charlie74 have you heard about IMSI? They use super advanced magnifying equipment to find a super sperm and use that little dude for ICSI. I believe the equipment is quite expensive so I have only found two clinics that offer it.. Genea in Sydney I think and Melbourne IVF.

If I had the option, I would definitely try it based on personal recommendations from other BHers. But I don't know of anywhere near me that offers this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Lea7, do you mind saying how old you are? We have MFI also, and although I'm 41, I get a good egg haul around 13-15 at EPU. We've done icsi but haven't ended up with great results. I often feel that if DP's sperm was better maybe we'd just get over the line
    Hi Charlie, I was 38 with low Amh when we did IMSI for the first time and it the difference was so good. Considering We only retrieved 6 eggs, We ended up with 2 blastocysts, (which we had never got beforE) 1 transferred (didn't work I but I believe that was more to do with my uterus and implantation than a bad embryo) and the other embryo was PGD tested came back perfect. and was frozen. I've always had less eggs than most for my age.

Also it is worth noting that the make energy does not kick into the embryo until the 3rd day. So a good way of identifying if it is egg quality or sleek quality is to track the development of the embryos over the 5 day process. This is also another reason why I believe in 5 day over 3 day transfers. We sadly learnt that one the Hard way also, as the clinic we went to once said "3 day , 3 day 3 day" we later found out that was because they did not use the culture medium that supports 5 day growth. And by taking them to 5 days you can save yourself allot of heart ache. Because in my opinion a good embryo is a good embryo and will survive day transfers if kept in the correct mediums. This allows you to be able to focus on the embryos that are in the running for real, as the ones that would not of made it will not make it to day 5 blastocyst anyway.

The 2nd IMSI we did resulted in pregnancy, that was ectopic. Again nothing to do with embryo quality but more to do with bad luck and tough implantation..again we ended up with 2 blastocysts and we transferred them both.

3rd IMSI, we wanted a freeze only cycle. We ended up with 2 embryos for PGD testing both came back 100% normal. Waited a month and had "endometrial scratching" to help uterus for implantation - transferred 1. Now 14.5 weeks pregnant, and everything to do with baby is looking perfectly normal.

Can I also make a suggestion... I got my doctor to do a "trial IMSI" at Genea. Before I would commit to a cycle there (as they are super expensive). We only had 1% clinical usable, but that was all that was needed. Have 2 frozen PGD embryos in addition to current pregnancy, which is a miracle beyond belief. As we were told to get donor sperm just prior to IMSI tangent. After 10 failed cycles using ICSI, PICSI, and TESA.

That is why I've been screaming this info out.. As I feel for everyone and I want to share our discovery in case it can help anyone.. All the very best x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lea7 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (06-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh you're in Melbs, lucky!! Check out Melb IVF for it - http://www.mivf.com.au/fertility-tre...imsi-procedure

I was originally booked at Wazza's clinic. I'm trying a bulk bill clinic first now though. I have tentatively rescheduled an appointment with Wazza just in case and the earliest I could get is Feb next year. That might help your decision making. You could get in with Wazza's protege, Charlotte, sooner though.

You might like to try Wazza's supplements like Maxwell recommended. Especially the ones you're familiar with, can't hurt. DH and I have been on them for a month.

Good luck for FET in August!! If all goes well for me, I'll be doing a FET around the same time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh perfect! Hopefully you won't need that appointment with Wazza!

Fair enough about Melbourne IVF. At least it's Plan C if all else fails.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-04-2016)